Thread: Cannot 'see' ALD

Cannot 'see' ALD

I lost my original APEX connectivity, so I swapped it out with a backup unit, 'restored' my settings which 'sort' of worked. I have one specific issue that I am not able to resolve. For some reason, I cannot see the ALD module, I can 'see' the Swxx leak detection probes but when I go to program them I get an error.

I have deleted the module, which initially was at address ALD_11, now it is ALD_3 and all the attached leak detection probes are listed now as SwX_3, but I still cannot program them as I cannot find the ALD_3 in the outlets pull down menu. I am sure that I am missing something simple. I remember when I first programmed the leak detection it was very easy, but for some reason, I cannot see the actual module in the outlets, I can see all of the probes plugged into it however.

Any thoughts?
    Rocking 2 Apex units, life is less stress with Apex!

Cannot 'see' ALD

There are no outlets or outputs in an ALD so nothing for an ALD will appear on the Outlet setup page.

Switch Inputs cannot be programmed; you can only rename them. Do that on the Probe/Input setup page.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

well the 'switch' doesn't close when I get it wet I ran into that with the ALD on my other APEX, I just can't remember how I set it up but it was not as simple as it was lead to believe. I can see the new switches on the address and they are 'open' as they should be but when I test it by putting them on a wet mat they do not swap over to closed.

Quote Originally Posted by uwish View Post
    well the 'switch' doesn't close when I get it wet I ran into that with the ALD on my other APEX, I just can't remember how I set it up but it was not as simple as it was lead to believe. I can see the new switches on the address and they are 'open' as they should be but when I test it by putting them on a wet mat they do not swap over to closed.
    Make sure you are waiting long enough. If viewing on fusion it can take up to 1 minute to see a state change.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

OH I know, it can take awhile that is why for this type of troubleshooting I like using the old dashboard because it is almost instant. I found the issue, I was testing the programming on a DEAD probe. Not sure why or how long that probe hasn't been working but when I pulled out one of the two other ones and tested the switches tripped immediately. Just not on that leak detector specifically. Maddening as I have been fooling around with this for several hours. I guess the fault is with me really, I should have thrown that into the mix earlier that a potential probe failure could be causing my issues.