Thread: Breakout Box or other option to drive relayed 220v power outlet

New User

Breakout Box or other option to drive relayed 220v power outlet

Russ, Zombie or anyone else, please help

I am living in the Philippines about 60-70%of the year. I have a 2016 Apex on my 160 gal Reef, but I have 6 devices that are not 110 compatible. I have created an 8 outlet box with 6 solid state relays 2x2 + 4x1. It’s my desperate man’s 220v Apex. I am trying to figure out how I can use a breakout box to turn the relay on and off. If not a breakout box, and I use the 4 1-10v ports.

The BoB ports seem to have 3.3v and and are technically closed even though they show open in Fusion. I also cannot figure out how to control the in Fusion. ie: turn off skimmer when I enter feed mode A. This seems like it would be simple, a command that say

If FEEDA 000 on then OFF
    Delay 10:00 then ON

One example is my skimmer is 220v only, so I cannot turn it off during feed mode. If I can use the BoB to control the relay outlet, I can set this to turn off the outlet in feed mode with 10:00 min delay after the feed cycle end and the h2 return pumps, 2 gyres and 2 power heads come back on. Otherwise the skimmer over flows.
    I also cannot force the chiller off IF the chiller temp controls where to get stuck on, and the temp gets to low. I can turn off the pump feeding the chiller, but I would still have cold water flowing due to convection.

4 lights and chiller are also 220v.

Btw, I have tried like crazy to buy an EB6, but no one in US carries them, Neptune refuses to sell direct, and the distributors in Singapore, Thailand, and Philippines have been non-responsive/worthless, even after Neptune put be in direct touch with them. I guess no one wants my money. I even asked about becoming the Philippine distributor for Neptune.

Thank you in advance. You guys are always great help.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The BoB will not work for that. There are no controllable outputs.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

New User

Breakout Box or other option to drive relayed 220v power outlet

Could the 0-10v be used to activate the relay?

If so, how?

It’s crazy the BoB pots can’t be used since they have 3.3v that could be used to trigger a 3-12v relay.

Quote Originally Posted by KHahnOkc View Post
    Could the 0-10v be used to activate the relay?

If so, how?

It’s crazy the BoB pots can’t be used since they have 3.3v that could be used to trigger a 3-12v relay.

Technically if you used an optocoupler as an interposing circuit and then used the output of the optocoupler to drive electromechanical relays of adequate rating, you could get the 0-10V to work. This is not trivial and if you do not know exactly what you are doing, you can create a massive shock and fire hazard. Do not attempt this yourself if you don't adequately understand basic electrical schematics and 220V wiring.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

New User
    You could use the signal from the BOB to trigger one of the 24v acc ports to close a relay. Just make sure the relay is dual pole and has the correct amperage rating. Make sure you put it all in a approved enclosure.