Thread: updating Moonrise and moonset table

New User

updating Moonrise and moonset table

How do you determine the moon rise and moonset from the table below for each month?
    With the Sunrise and Sunset, we can do monthly averaging but it doesn't work for the moon.
    I'm using the URL recommended on the forum : https://aa.usno.navy.mil/data/docs/RS_OneYear.php

capture.jpg

Thanks

Use the other URL to lookup the date of New Moon for each month (use the Moon Phases feature). Then use that table to lookup the rise/set times for each of those dates - enter the date of New Moon and the Rise/Set times in the season table editor.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

New User
    Quote Originally Posted by RussM View Post
    Use the other URL to lookup the date of New Moon for each month (use the Moon Phases feature). Then use that table to lookup the rise/set times for each of those dates - enter the date of New Moon and the Rise/Set times in the season table editor.
    Thanks for the info and I was able to follow it. Here's the other URL incase other people are following the thread.
    https://www.timeanddate.com/moon/phases/

So the moonrise and moonset is based on New Moon, does it do any special calculation for the other day of the month
    For example, Jan 5. 2019 is the newmoon and Apex Moon table is set as follows for January Moonrise at 7:03 and Moonset at 16:56
    What will happen on Jan 21, 2019 (Fullmoon). Moonrise is calculated at 18:10 and Moonset at 07:47.
    If Apex LSM follows the table, it will display less light at 16:56 but its actually going to be a full moon by 18:10
    If this is true, APEX LSM will only be accurate 12 day in a year. Am I missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by rsarceno View Post
    Thanks for the info and I was able to follow it. Here's the other URL incase other people are following the thread.
    https://www.timeanddate.com/moon/phases/

So the moonrise and moonset is based on New Moon, does it do any special calculation for the other day of the month
    For example, Jan 5. 2019 is the newmoon and Apex Moon table is set as follows for January Moonrise at 7:03 and Moonset at 16:56
    What will happen on Jan 21, 2019 (Fullmoon). Moonrise is calculated at 18:10 and Moonset at 07:47.
    If Apex LSM follows the table, it will display less light at 16:56 but its actually going to be a full moon by 18:10
    If this is true, APEX LSM will only be accurate 12 day in a year. Am I missing something?
    The apex interpolates the time and intensity for the days that aren't new moon. The only day it isn't accurate is on January 1st because the season table doesn't auto update for the next year.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

New User
    Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post
    The apex interpolates the time and intensity for the days that aren't new moon. The only day it isn't accurate is on January 1st because the season table doesn't auto update for the next year.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Zombie, thanks again for the info.

I was wondering since they know how to interpolates the time and intensity for the days that aren't new moon and the lunar phase cycle (from new Moon to new Moon) is 29.5 days, they should be able to interpolates the date and for each new moon based on one reference. It would be nice just to set it up once and never have to update it yearly.