Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MP40 will not turn back on after Feeder defer.

Frequent Visitor

MP40 will not turn back on after Feeder defer.

I have two MP40s connected to my Apex as well as an Apex Feeder. I have the nearby MP40 set up with a defer statement to turn it off for 3 minutes when the auto feeder comes on. It's been working for some time now, but recently I noticed that the pump doesn't turn back on? My code hasn't changed... Can anyone offer some assistance? The only way I can get the pump to turn back on is to switch it from Auto to On, then back to Auto.

Here's my "advanced" code:

If Output Feeder_8_1 = ON Then OFF
    Defer 003:00 Then ON

In basic configuration, I have Fallback set to ON.

The proper way of doing this is to use a VO that triggers the AFS and turns off the pumps. Example is for 3 minute duration at 7pm.

vFeed
    Set OFF
    If Time 19:00 to 19:02 Then ON

AFS
    Set OFF
    If Output vFeed = ON Then ON

Pump advanced tab (no defer needed)
    If Output vFeed = ON Then OFF

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post
    The proper way of doing this is to use a VO that triggers the AFS and turns off the pumps. Example is for 3 minute duration at 7pm.

vFeed
    Set OFF
    If Time 19:00 to 19:02 Then ON

AFS
    Set OFF
    If Output vFeed = ON Then ON

Thanks, I have another question and hopefully this doesn't sound too stupid:

I know if I set my AFS to ON, it will just cycle continuously until I set it back to OFF or AUTO. I only want it to cycle 3 times (at 4:00pm) as set in the Basic Settings. If I add, "If Output vFeed = ON Then ON" as you suggest, would it cycle continuously for 3 minutes? Or does that just mean that I can only trigger a cycle (or cycles) during that 3 minute period?

Quote Originally Posted by sigepotter View Post
    Thanks, I have another question and hopefully this doesn't sound too stupid:

I know if I set my AFS to ON, it will just cycle continuously until I set it back to OFF or AUTO. I only want it to cycle 3 times (at 4:00pm) as set in the Basic Settings. If I add, "If Output vFeed = ON Then ON" as you suggest, would it cycle continuously for 3 minutes? Or does that just mean that I can only trigger a cycle (or cycles) during that 3 minute period?
    If you want 3 rotations you need to change the code a little bit (my example was one rotation)

AFS
    OSC 000:00/000:30/000:30 Then ON
    If Output vFeed = OFF Then OFF

If you want more cycles, just add a minute to vFeed. If you want the pumps off longer than 3 minutes from the first cycle, another VO and some more tweaks are required.

Frequent Visitor
    Ok, thanks. Did something change with Fusion recently to require these Virtual Outlets and break Defer statements? I've been using this for years and as recently as a trip in November it worked perfectly. Now I try it and it's not working. I will definitely try the code you suggested, I'm just curious.

Ok, thanks. Did something change with Fusion recently to require these Virtual Outlets and break Defer statements? I've been using this for years and as recently as a trip in November it worked perfectly. Now I try it and it's not working. I will definitely try the code you suggested, I'm just curious.
    The VO method has always been the "best practice" method for the AFS because defers apply globally and can cause unintended behavior for other features in your outlets. The VO method eliminates this problem, which is why it's the standard method.

I am not aware of any changes made to fusion that would suddenly make it behave differently than before but I have seen bugs in the past where defer statements didn't quite work right in conjunction with varspd outlets for no apparent reason. Vortechs work in kind of similar fashion to varspds.

You are waiting 3 minutes after the LAST rotation for the pump to turn back ON right? If not that is how you currently have it programmed and because defers are global, that 3 minute delay also applies to manually turning the pump to OFF unless you "reset" it my turning to manual ON and then to AUTO.

Frequent Visitor
    You are waiting 3 minutes after the LAST rotation for the pump to turn back ON right? If not that is how you currently have it programmed and because defers are global, that 3 minute delay also applies to manually turning the pump to OFF unless you "reset" it my turning to manual ON and then to AUTO.

Correct, one pump set up that way still works and turns on after the 1 minute it's set to. But this nearest pump does not. It shows running in Fusion, but sits off until I turn it to ON, then back to AUTO. And yes, the way I was testing without putting extra food in the tank was setting it to OFF, then back to AUTO. In the past it would turn on after 3 minutes. Now it does not.

Frequent Visitor
    Ok, so I created the Virtual Outlet and added the code to the Vortech, but it doesn't seem to be working:

vFeed
    Set OFF
    If Time 15:59 to 16:02 Then ON

When I switch vFeed on, the vortech stops. When I switch vFeed back to AUTO, the vortech does not turn back on. So it would seem that it's something maybe with the vortech itself? Should I re-connect it to the Apex or is there something else I should do?

Ok, so I created the Virtual Outlet and added the code to the Vortech, but it doesn't seem to be working:

vFeed
    Set OFF
    If Time 15:59 to 16:02 Then ON

When I switch vFeed on, the vortech stops. When I switch vFeed back to AUTO, the vortech does not turn back on. So it would seem that it's something maybe with the vortech itself? Should I re-connect it to the Apex or is there something else I should do?
    Click the icon that takes you to the traditional coding interface and copy paste the entire code including wizard data. I have a feeling you might have indavertantly deleted your normal operation code.

Frequent Visitor
    Click the icon that takes you to the traditional coding interface and copy paste the entire code including wizard data. I have a feeling you might have indavertantly deleted your normal operation code.

I think this is the one you're referring to. Let me know if this is not correct:

Fallback ON
    tdata 00:00:00,0,0,90,11,1,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0
    tdata 23:59:00,0,0,90,11,1,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0

I think this is the one you're referring to. Let me know if this is not correct:

Fallback ON
    tdata 00:00:00,0,0,90,11,1,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0
    tdata 23:59:00,0,0,90,11,1,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0
    You do have the tdata, so it's not that.

Are you running this pump at a really low intensity? It might be stalling when going from 0 to normal intensity, but has just enough oomph that it can run that intensity as long as it was started with a higher one first (static vs kinetic friction).

Frequent Visitor
    You do have the tdata, so it's not that.

Are you running this pump at a really low intensity? It might be stalling when going from 0 to normal intensity, but has just enough oomph that it can run that intensity as long as it was started with a higher one first (static vs kinetic friction).

No, I run both my pumps at 90% Reefcrest 24/7.

Frequent Visitor
    Ok, so I tried a couple new things. I manually turned of my MP40 from the Vortech controller and turned it back on. I also reset the Vortech and re-connected it to the WXM. After both, it is still not turning itself back on automatically...

Frequent Visitor
    I also manually restarted the Apex from the display module. That also did not fix the issue.

Try updating the WXM module firmware.

Frequent Visitor
    Try updating the WXM module firmware.

No luck. I ran the module firmware update twice, re-attached both pumps, ran the WWD Update (not sure what that is), restarted the apex a couple times, even tried doing the EcoSmart Update but I'm not clear if that is even for my pumps (MP40WQD) because each time I tried, that one failed.

Still no joy, it won't turn on automatically.

Frequent Visitor
    Have you tried swapping outlets that pumps are plugged into?

Frequent Contributor iamchadster's Avatar
    Regardless of the programming you are changing around the MP40 had been working for you for quite some time per your initial post. Let's start with the basics. First, can you go into the module setup page, click on the WXM module and see if the MP40 is showing there? You should see two Vortechs listed there.
    Chad

Moved on...
    RUSS???

How will the pump turn back on without it being set to on or not having the "Defer ??? then on"? I use the Defer on mine I do have all my stuff coming back on at different times.

Quote Originally Posted by Bedrock View Post
    RUSS???

How will the pump turn back on without it being set to on or not having the "Defer ??? then on"? I use the Defer on mine I do have all my stuff coming back on at different times.
    Because the advanced tab is overrides to the wizard. As soon as the statement is no longer true, the wizard program will resume.

Moved on...
    Because the advanced tab is overrides to the wizard. As soon as the statement is no longer true, the wizard program will resume.

That's true but does he have it set through the wizard? I might had looked over that part but I didn't see where he had it at up through that.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

That's true but does he have it set through the wizard? I might had looked over that part but I didn't see where he had it at up through that.

He did. That's what that tdata was.

Frequent Visitor

Unless you have it turned off at some point via your "normal" wizard code, the advanced code only applies while the criteria in the advanced code is true (while vFeed = on). So, if you have it running 24/7 via wizard, the advanced code will kick in while vFeed = On and then return to the code in the wizard for that point/time.

Frequent Visitor
    Depending on your livestock, you may want to create a profile that runs your MP40s at a low percentage and rather than turning them off when vFeed=on, run them at the profile.

I have a few fish that like to check out the wet side of the MP40s when off, so I just slow them way down when vFeed = on.

Moved on...
    He did. That's what that tdata was.

I looked over it then. My bad

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast