Thread: Wyze Cam

Regular Vistor

Wyze Cam

Wyze Cam 1080p HD Indoor Wireless Smart Home Camera with Night Vision, 2-Way Audio, Works with Alexa will this work with apex?

Wyze Cam

Guys has anyone have a Wyze cam connected to Fusion if so care to share how?

New User
    It’s my understanding it won’t work with it, it doesn’t send the video out in a format the Apex will read.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Regular Vistor
    Any updates to this thread?

Regular Vistor
    After playing with my first wyze cam, I came across this. The paint on my cam is still drying so I cant verify at the moment if it solves the problem. If someone beats me to it have at it. lol https://youtu.be/8JeMudwlOzM seems to be a good video.

Regular Vistor
    Found this might be helpful with the Wyze cam. Still havnt had a chance to try it. The cam I had purchaced for the tank I used to monitor the fron yard as there have been break-ins in the neighborhood. https://youtu.be/8JeMudwlOzM Had nothing but problems with the Dlink cams I have, Especially the video quality. So there going to watch the animals from now on.

Regular Vistor
    Any luck on this? Trying to find camera that works with Apex and this is a great price.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I havernt found a fix yet!
    However been told that Wyze.com will in the near future

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

New User
    just found this article today which seems to be recently updated. Hoping to try it tonight/this weekend.

https://support.wyzecam.com/hc/en-us...-Wyze-Cam-RTSP

New User
    Any luck Blackbird?

New User
    Some

Yes in that I was able to get this to work through a browser however not in Apex yet. Fusion doesn’t accept rtsp:// protocol so it throws an error.

I’m looking at options to host externally so I can use JavaScript to render on an https:// page.

Admittedly this is getting complex vs just viewing my tank on my mobile.

The Wyzecam however is amazing.

New User
    I'm glad you are enjoying the wyzecam....i have one as well but it got water on it and doesn't work anymore :-/ I'm honestly getting frustrated that Neptune doesn't have some sort of solution. I mean they sell their apex product with the video tile proudly displayed even though Neptune will not just give us un update to allow all common protocols. At the very least enable rtsp! I don't care if my username and pw are visible at all...anyone that wants to look at my tank is more than welcome to. Hell, I'd even give people view only access to the Apex....I mean isn't the whole point of a fishtank to be able to see it and enjoy it and have others see and enjoy it? Hopefully we get a fix soon.

New User
    Being able to stream it to my fireTV is pretty cool.

If I can just figure out a way to run a web server...I could likely set up a service for others to use as well. If I only had more time

New User
    Quote Originally Posted by FishOrMen View Post
    I'm glad you are enjoying the wyzecam....i have one as well but it got water on it and doesn't work anymore :-/ I'm honestly getting frustrated that Neptune doesn't have some sort of solution. I mean they sell their apex product with the video tile proudly displayed even though Neptune will not just give us un update to allow all common protocols. At the very least enable rtsp! I don't care if my username and pw are visible at all...anyone that wants to look at my tank is more than welcome to. Hell, I'd even give people view only access to the Apex....I mean isn't the whole point of a fishtank to be able to see it and enjoy it and have others see and enjoy it? Hopefully we get a fix soon.
    I with you here. I tried the tinycam route but 1)it didn’t work and 2) I’m not an android guy so the only android device I have is an old fire tablet.

Regular Vistor
    Any update.on Wyze cam connection?