Thread: Signal

Frequent Visitor

Signal

Just wondering what would be a good signal strength mine always reads low right now it’s 37

Signal

37% is rather low, but that in itself is not a significant issue.

Of more importance is the signal quality %. What is the signal quality value?

The Neptune Cafe, where you have started this and a couple of other new threads, is for social discussion. I have moved this to the Apex & Apex EL area for you because you are asking about the WiFi in the newer Apex models.

The forum is structured by major topics. Prior to starting a new thread, please look at the list of all available sub-forums. Pick the one which is most suitable for the topic of your intended post. Then start your new thread in that sub-forum. Thanks!
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Frequent Visitor
    OK I think I found the right place sorry I’ve been mixed up and couldn’t find the right place to post now on the question of signal quality well how would I see that or find that out.
    I am really trying to figure out where to go with my cable company because nothing seems to get my Wi-Fi right and I really don’t know which way to go.
    That’s why am looking for like ammunition so if I get somebody over my house I can say well look at this if you know what I mean.

Go to the Network page. Click Advanced. Then choose WiFi in the Type menu. You’ll then see values for both signal strength and quality.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Frequent Visitor
    OK in Apex Fusion Strength is 52% and Quality is 89%,,, Apex Local it's 57% and 97%. Not really sure what to make of that?
    When I set it up I had it hardwired I will be doing it again As soon as I get time and definitely before February 24 where I leave for a cruise of the Caribbean
    Should I incorporate a wireless gaming adapter?
    Thanks for any help you can give me as you can see I am pretty new to this
    Phil

There’s apparently some fluctuation in the wireless signal. You see slightly different values in Local vs Fusion because of different update rates for the two user interfaces.

The signal quality is fine. You only asked about signal - you didn’t say that you are having connectivity issues. If you are not - “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.”

Frequent Visitor
    Thanks Russ you're right and I have enough other things to do I'm sure I will have a lot more questions in the future thanks again.