Thread: Heater Issue

New User

Heater Issue

New to the apex so im not sure if its user error or my temp probe may need replaced. I calibrate my temp probe and set it to what my ranco temp controller says and my mercury thermometer. (They both say 79) so i calbrate the probe to 79. My probe is in the inlet part of my sump far from where my heater is at. So, for a few days the apex reads what i think it the correct temp, i double check my other temp sources and they still read 79 but my apex it saying its 77.5 etc. Its like it steadly goes down after everytime i calibrate it. I have it configured ON at 82.5 and OFF at 83.5. My tank has never been that warm. My heater is set to 84. My tank does not go above 80. I cant figure this out and why my apex says its 79 fews days later, 78, another day 77. Just confused on what im doing wrong or if its a faulty temp probe.

Make sure the probe is located very close to the rancor probe before doing a calibration and make sure the plug is pressed in all the way til it clicks. If the rancor is located very close to a heater and the apex probe isn't, it is very normal to see a degree or two difference in the temps.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

New User
    Ok. My apex probe and my digital temp probe, plus the old stick to the glass thermometer are all in the let section of my sump. Both read 79 besides the dang apex probe that reads as low as 76.5 today. I recalibrated the probe earlier to try and get it back to what my other 3 temp readings are. But it never stays consistent.

Check the cable routing. Sometimes interference from a nearby parallel cord can cause error in the measurement.

If that doesn't fix it either, you might have a pin that isn't springing right. Look at the jack with a flashlight and see if all the pins look bent put properly. If any aren't, you can bend them back out with some tweezers.

If neither of the above solve the issue, contact support.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

New User
    Ok thank you Zombie