Thread: New to the forum, new to Apex

New User

New to the forum, new to Apex

Good evening everyone! I got an Apex package for fishmas and have been setting it up and plugging it in. I have questions...

I cannot get outlet eight to show up in fusion, nor can I get it to come on. I have another power head to plug in. I neeed it. I have tried to unlock the dashboard and scroll through the choices in the top portion, but there is no switch for outlet eight.

Also, I have Radion xr15 gen 4 lights but don’t have the ecotech add on. If I leave the switch in the on position, won’t the lights run the AB+ schedule that’s programmed into the lights themselves?

If I want to use my current dosing pump do I set the switch to always on? That way the timer on the doser will still function as programmed.

Please help. I am horrible at programming, etc.

thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by esimison View Post
    Good evening everyone! I got an Apex package for fishmas and have been setting it up and plugging it in. I have questions...

I cannot get outlet eight to show up in fusion, nor can I get it to come on. I have another power head to plug in. I neeed it. I have tried to unlock the dashboard and scroll through the choices in the top portion, but there is no switch for outlet eight.

Also, I have Radion xr15 gen 4 lights but don’t have the ecotech add on. If I leave the switch in the on position, won’t the lights run the AB+ schedule that’s programmed into the lights themselves?

If I want to use my current dosing pump do I set the switch to always on? That way the timer on the doser will still function as programmed.

Please help. I am horrible at programming, etc.

thanks!
    The missing outlet is a very occasional bug that I have only seen a few times. The way that fixed it for those users was to delete the energy bar in the modules page (programming for outlets will be lost so save that in a word doc) and reboot the apex. You should see 8 outlets show up when it boots back up.

Just plug your radion in the wall so you don't waste an outlet. If you plug it into an energy bar it should be programmed always on.

The doser would be better served by turning it off for high pH as a failsafe like below

Fallback ON
    Set ON
    If pH > 8.2 Then OFF
    Min Time 030:00 Then OFF

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

New User
    Thanks so much! I’ll try it and let you know!

Don’t delete the EB832. Instead go to the Modules page, select the EB832, then update the firmware (even if it says that firmware is OK). When that is done, wait a couple of minutes then check that all 8 of the AC outlets and both 24vdc outputs are present on the Outputs List.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.