Thread: BOB for ato

Regular Vistor

BOB for ato

Hello,
    Completely new to the programming of the apex. Anything I have in code right now has been copied and pasted from posts and forums.
    I bought a BOB to make a ATO but not sure how the programming or anyting would look. Simple single float switch and when its closed it would turn on a outlet on the EB8. How do I accomplish this?
    Thanks in advance.

You really want to use two float switches. If you only use one, your pump is going to be constantly turning on and off putting undue wear on the pump and the Apex powerbar.

Here is how my ATO outlet is programmed

Fallback OFF
    If ATO_Lo OPEN Then ON //Turn on if water level is below lower of two BOB switches
    If ATO_Hi CLOSED Then OFF //Turn off then the water level reaches the Upper BOB switch
    Min Time 030:00 Then OFF // remain off for 30 minutes after top off
    If Power Apex Off 000 Then OFF //Do not come on if on battery backup
    If WoFDwn CLOSED Then OFF ///if water is detected on the floor, turn off. This ensures that Im not emptying my ATO reservoir onto the floor.

Regular Vistor
    Quote Originally Posted by mil3sdavis View Post
    You really want to use two float switches. If you only use one, your pump is going to be constantly turning on and off putting undue wear on the pump and the Apex powerbar.

Here is how my ATO outlet is programmed

Fallback OFF
    If ATO_Lo OPEN Then ON //Turn on if water level is below lower of two BOB switches
    If ATO_Hi CLOSED Then OFF //Turn off then the water level reaches the Upper BOB switch
    Min Time 030:00 Then OFF // remain off for 30 minutes after top off
    If Power Apex Off 000 Then OFF //Do not come on if on battery backup
    If WoFDwn CLOSED Then OFF ///if water is detected on the floor, turn off. This ensures that Im not emptying my ATO reservoir onto the floor.
    Ok pretty much makes sense except do I need to create profiles for those BOB switches first or just use the correct name for them as they showed up when plugged in?

No profiles needed. Just name the switches something meaningful.

While 2 float switches is a very good idea, you do not need two limit how often the pump runs. You want two in case one fails and for alerts. This is the recommended starting point for ATO code.

ATO
    Fallback OFF
    Set OFF
    If LowSw CLOSED Then ON
    If HighSw OPEN Then OFF
    Defer 000:10 Then ON
    Defer 000:04 Then OFF
    When On > 005:00 Then OFF
    Min Time 060:00 Then OFF

HighSump (VO)
    Set OFF
    If HighSw OPEN Then ON
    If Output Return = OFF Then OFF
    Defer 005:00 Then ON

Email
    (Existing)
    If Output HighSump = ON Then ON
    If Error ATOname Then ON

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Regular Vistor
    Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post
    While 2 float switches is a very good idea, you do not need two limit how often the pump runs. You want two in case one fails and for alerts. This is the recommended starting point for ATO code.

ATO
    Fallback OFF
    Set OFF
    If LowSw CLOSED Then ON
    If HighSw OPEN Then OFF
    Defer 000:10 Then ON
    Defer 000:04 Then OFF
    When On > 005:00 Then OFF
    Min Time 060:00 Then OFF

HighSump (VO)
    Set OFF
    If HighSw OPEN Then ON
    If Output Return = OFF Then OFF
    Defer 005:00 Then ON

Email
    (Existing)
    If Output HighSump = ON Then ON
    If Error ATOname Then ON

When you say (existing) under email would this just be the email address I have setup in Fusion? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Wes300 View Post
    When you say (existing) under email would this just be the email address I have setup in Fusion? Thanks
    That is whatever code is already in your email outlet.

Regular Vistor
    Ok, I am just dumb when it comes to this stuff. From the coding provided I cant seem to make it work. Heres what I have:
    Low switch (pump on) is called LowSw and its a closed switch when the sump needs water
    I have another switch mounted 3 inches above that one in case the lower was to stick or something. Its labeled HighSw and is normally closed
    The outlet is named ATO
    I would like the pump to come on when the lower switch is closed and fill till it becomes open. If this switch sticks then when HighSw opens I want ATO to shut off.
    I would also like a timer on it that limits the pump to running only 3 minutes. This should be enough time to fill it to open the lower switch. I dont know what the best way is to tell it to come back on if it needs more nor do I know how long it should remain off till coming back on. Or maybe it should just email me if it doesnt fill in the 3 minutes?
    Hopefully this makes sense and I am not trying to over complicate this.

Quote Originally Posted by Wes300 View Post
    Ok, I am just dumb when it comes to this stuff. From the coding provided I cant seem to make it work. Heres what I have:
    Low switch (pump on) is called LowSw and its a closed switch when the sump needs water
    I have another switch mounted 3 inches above that one in case the lower was to stick or something. Its labeled HighSw and is normally closed
    The outlet is named ATO
    I would like the pump to come on when the lower switch is closed and fill till it becomes open. If this switch sticks then when HighSw opens I want ATO to shut off.
    I would also like a timer on it that limits the pump to running only 3 minutes. This should be enough time to fill it to open the lower switch. I dont know what the best way is to tell it to come back on if it needs more nor do I know how long it should remain off till coming back on. Or maybe it should just email me if it doesnt fill in the 3 minutes?
    Hopefully this makes sense and I am not trying to over complicate this.
    The code I gave above does all of this except it limits to 5 minutes instead of 3 (the When statement sets the outlet to manual OFF and alerts you via the if error statement if its timer is exceeded).

Note HighSump is a virtual outlet that is used to alert you when the high level sensor is trigger but is suppressed when the return pump is intentionally turned off.