Thread: FMM Flow values

Regular Vistor

FMM Flow values

Please let me know your flow values, I’m setting my RS 250 with 700L/h... please share.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why do you want this? Just general curiosity? Are you perhaps wanting to compare return pump flow rates with other RSM250 owners? Please state your reason.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Regular Vistor
    Quote Originally Posted by RussM View Post
    Why do you want this? Just general curiosity? Are you perhaps wanting to compare return pump flow rates with other RSM250 owners? Please state your reason.
    Thank you for your reply Russ, yes I want to compare. Everything that I read it says the return pump shall be around 10xhour the main display volume. In my opinion the 700L/h is already to high, it will saturate my socks in less then a day...

Or do I need to calibrate the Flow meter?

Quote Originally Posted by Jppfonseca View Post
    Thank you for your reply Russ, yes I want to compare. Everything that I read it says the return pump shall be around 10xhour the main display volume. In my opinion the 700L/h is already to high, it will saturate my socks in less then a day...

Or do I need to calibrate the Flow meter?

That is the rating of the pump with no head that should be 10-20x. This was a rule of thumb before flow sensors and head loss calculators made determining actual flow much easier. The target turnover is actually 3-5 times and depends on skimmer rating and how much refugium contact time you want. An oversized skimmer and low fuge contact time would be 5 times.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Regular Vistor
    Thank you Zombie for your reply!!! It makes all sense and my feelings was also right!!! I don’t what to turnover too high, this will allow my skimmer to work with high efficiency and bacterias will not complain also!!