Thread: ****please help--photos not displaying****

New User

****please help--photos not displaying****

Good day all, I am trying to simply add/view images using the dashboard. I keep getting broken links when i view in Chrome and Firefox and the helpdesk from Neptune is unable to assist; I was told that is a programming issue, not trouble shooting and I should seek help from the forum. Can someone help me out to help me load my photos and correctly display my photo? I am currently using Dropbox as well as FLICKR

New User
    i have had the same problem and I think it was with those apps. I have switched to IMGUR and it worked fine. I upload to IMGUR then go to that image and click on the direct link and paste that into the required space.

When you use a photo-sharing service, the URL you use in APEX Fusion, APEX Local, or the Classic Dashboard MUST be a direct link to the image itself, not to a web page that shows the image. If the URL does not end in .png, .jpg, or other image file extension, it will probably not work. Many of the photo-sharing services don't make it easy to do this.

Dropbox will not work unless you have an older account. They changed the way the public folder works a while back, and newer accounts cannot generate a direct link to the actual image.

For Flickr: Share the image you want publicly. In your camera roll or album, view that image by hovering over the image and clicking the diagonal "expand" arrows. Right-click on the displayed larger image and choose Copy Image Location (or similar, depending on which web browser you use). Then paste that into a new media tile entry.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

New User
    This worked...thanks alot. Question, is the Phone AP different from the browser or does it take time for the phone to catch up with the browser media images?

Quote Originally Posted by jphilip813 View Post
    Question, is the Phone AP different from the browser or does it take time for the phone to catch up with the browser media images?
    I do not understand what you are asking.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

New User
    Sorry for the confusion, after i made the adjustment on my PC in APEX Local, I noticed the images were loaded via my PC. However, whenever I loaded the Fusion APP on my phone, the images were not there. I wanted to know if they (Fusion APP and the Fusion Web) were different, and did I have to update my fusion APP similarity or could it be that my cache on my phone needs to be cleared?

Sorry for the confusion, after i made the adjustment on my PC in APEX Local, I noticed the images were loaded via my PC. However, whenever I loaded the Fusion APP on my phone, the images were not there. I wanted to know if they (Fusion APP and the Fusion Web) were different, and did I have to update my fusion APP similarity or could it be that my cache on my phone needs to be cleared?
    The app is just an interface into fusion. Everything is stored on your apex or Neptunes servers. Try clearing the cache for the app.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Just go to a page other than the dashboard then return to the dashboard.

New User
    I spent hours this evening trying to figure out why Dropbox images would show up in Safari - but not in Firefox, Opera or Chrome. I stumbled on this thread, and realized that Dropbox was the issues. Moved images over to Flickr and now all is well! Thanks!!