Thread: Connecting Apex Classic to Wifi

Frequent Visitor

Connecting Apex Classic to Wifi

Previously I had an Apple Extreme and Express router (apex was hard wired to express). When I hard wired it to the extreme the Apex ethernet port would blink orange. Only would connect if plugged into the express. Anyhow, I now updated my router to Eero mesh network. My question is - can I connect it to my wifi wireless ? I don't want to run the ethernet cable upstairs if I don't have to. I tried to set it up on the controller, but no success. I've read some posts here and tried different things, but still no success. Any help would be greatly appreciated !

You should be able to continue to use the Express. Reconfigure it if necessary to connect to the new Eero system’s wireless.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Frequent Visitor
    WOW ! Glad to see you are well, Russ ! Actually, you helped me 10 years ago ! So crazy ! I figured out how to wipe and configure my Airport Express. Thanks ! I never knew it was possible to use it ! It's now online and my Ethernet in module is solid green and orange. I open app, but still get "this Apex isn't presently connected to fusion". I rebooted the router and Apex. Still the same issue. I sure my IP was the same in Apex and router. Still no luck. Any advice as to what I try next? Thanks so much ! Ken