Thread: ATO ??

New User

ATO ??

im going to use my mixing station ro barrel as a top off reservoir. my mixing station is about 12 feet behind the tank in my garage i plan on getting a neptune optical eye sensor for the sump and the neptune pmup utility pump to use as a top off pump. I think i can plug the PMUP into a DC24v on the energy bar and plug the eye into a FMM module and not use any of the actual plugs on the energy bar.

im trying to save actual plugs on my energy bar for other things. here's what's plugged into my energy bar so far: return pump, 2 gyres, 2 heaters, skimmer.
    other things that im going to plug into a normal power strip that don't need to be controlled by the apex. 2-T5 lights on a programmable timer, calcium reactor circulation pump, carbon doser, 3 Kessils (programed through the kessil controller) kessil fuge light (i think im going to end up plugging this into the energy bar so i don't have to buy another timer, maybe the kessil controller can control the times on this as well? opposite of display lights)

i also have a neptune dos i want to setup for daily auto water changes, do i have to plug this into the energy bar to control it or can i power it up on a different plug and use a aquabus cable or something for the apex to tell it what to do.?

thanks folks, im new to apex and its so versatile through different configurations its making my head spin lol

The kessils can be plugged into the wall, but I would purchase a kessil to apex cable. This will let the apex control their dimming.

I would plug your T5s into the apex, but you can use an outlet splitter and put them on a single outlet if you wish.

The DOS can be plugged into the wall.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

New User
    what's the advantage of letting the apex control the kessil dimming, im pretty sure i can do that with the kessil controller. i guess it would be easier to just have all the controlling done thru apex.
    if i plug the t5s into the apex with a splitter then i only have 1 apex plug left which is probably fine. I've never had a system this complex my last one was just a simple aio. my thought process on what to plug into the apex so far is basically just the pumps to control feed modes and the 2 heaters.

- - - Updated - - -

if i plug the dos into the wall and not the apex then the aquabus cable will control it im guessing?

Quote Originally Posted by NooobReefer View Post
    what's the advantage of letting the apex control the kessil dimming, im pretty sure i can do that with the kessil controller. i guess it would be easier to just have all the controlling done thru apex.
    if i plug the t5s into the apex with a splitter then i only have 1 apex plug left which is probably fine. I've never had a system this complex my last one was just a simple aio. my thought process on what to plug into the apex so far is basically just the pumps to control feed modes and the 2 heaters.

- - - Updated - - -

if i plug the dos into the wall and not the apex then the aquabus cable will control it im guessing?
    The advantage of the kessil cable is it's easier to program, it becomes synchronized with apex time, and it can also be coordinated with other tasks such as a 1 button photography mode that sets the lights to their ideal intensity and spectrum for pictures and automatically reverts back to normal schedule when you're done. It is also very cheap as all you need is a $10 cable and you could probably sell the kessil controller for a lot more than that.

The DOS is controlled by aquabus and the power supply is just there to power the motors.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk