Thread: BoB not showing in Fusion?

BoB not showing in Fusion?

My BoB is connected directly to my head unit and the “switches” will only show up when I select the “inputs” icon, however the only control I have is to change the name. I have restarted the head unit and to no avail the switches will not show on my dashboard. I have been using the App and mobile site, will these connections only show on tablet or laptop layouts? I am trying to connect a Avast skimmate locker with the bare wire connection. I have the switch wired but I am unable to set the programming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Frequent Visitor
    Have you checked the unused Tiles bin at the top right of the Fusion site/phone app? small Padlock icon by the help icon

Quote Originally Posted by Adamola View Post
    My BoB is connected directly to my head unit and the “switches” will only show up when I select the “inputs” icon, however the only control I have is to change the name. I have restarted the head unit and to no avail the switches will not show on my dashboard. I have been using the App and mobile site, will these connections only show on tablet or laptop layouts? I am trying to connect a Avast skimmate locker with the bare wire connection. I have the switch wired but I am unable to set the programming.

The switch tiles are not there for programming. They are only there for visual status. You do the programming in the skimmer outlet with the form

If Switchname CLOSED Then OFF

Assuming your switch closes when full.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by DavidNZ View Post
    Have you checked the unused Tiles bin at the top right of the Fusion site/phone app? small Padlock icon by the help icon
    Found the switch(es) and was able to add them to dashboard. Thnx

Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post
    The switch tiles are not there for programming. They are only there for visual status. You do the programming in the skimmer outlet with the form

If Switchname CLOSED Then OFF

Assuming your switch closes when full.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Gotcha, found my switch and added the coding to the skimmer outlet. The Avast Davy Jones locker basic code says

Fallback OFF
    Set OFF
    If SW1 CLOSED Then ON

The Avast switch is closed when then locker is empty. When full the Avast switch should go into an open state.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Adamola View Post
    Gotcha, found my switch and added the coding to the skimmer outlet. The Avast Davy Jones locker basic code says

Fallback OFF
    Set OFF
    If SW1 CLOSED Then ON

The Avast switch is closed when then locker is empty. When full the Avast switch should go into an open state.
    Although that program is not incorrect, it's not very logical; it's sorta backwards from the usual Apex programming paradigm.... it sets the normal condition of the skimmer to be OFF. Typically, you use a Set statement to put the outlet in the state it should normally be, then use conditional statement(s) (i.e an If switch statement) statement to handle exceptions to the norm. A skimmer is normally on, so ON should be the default state of the the outlet defined in the Set statement.

The conventional and more logical way to do this is:

Set ON
    If Sw1 OPEN Then OFF
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by RussM View Post
    Although that program is not incorrect, it's not very logical; it's sorta backwards from the usual Apex programming paradigm.... it sets the normal condition of the skimmer to be OFF. Typically, you use a Set statement to put the outlet in the state it should normally be, then use conditional statement(s) (i.e an If switch statement) statement to handle exceptions to the norm. A skimmer is normally on, so ON should be the default state of the the outlet defined in the Set statement.

The conventional and more logical way to do this is:

Set ON
    If Sw1 OPEN Then OFF
    Makes sense to me. The instructions with the Skimmate Locker had the previous rule(s) on the bottom of the directions. Thanks for the info