Thread: How to Graph a sensor

Regular Vistor

How to Graph a sensor

I want to understand my ATO better now that I have move to the ATK; I want to advance my code. A want to better understand how long it runs on average and how long between runs. This way I can put a limit on my pump (peristaltic Avaast) which isn't as important as creating a virtual alarm for sensor being closed too long (faulty/ dirty sensor). I tried to look at my ATO pump output but it is "noisy" (see attached).

My current program for my ATO

Fallback OFFSet OFF
    If Swx3_1 OPEN Then ON
    If Swx3_2 CLOSED Then OFF
    Defer 000:20 Then ON
    Defer 000:04 Then OFF

"Screen Shot 2019-01-04 at 8.59.02 AM.png

Thanks in advanced!

When you are looking at an outlet’s activity on a graph over such a long period, there’s data summarization happening - that’s why you see data points that are neither ON nor OFF. Zoom in until you see only points that are aligned with the ON and OFF scale marks. You can then see a good representation of the on/off activity and use that to judge the typical run time and frequency.

You’ll probably want to use the When and If Error statements to stop the pump if it runs abnormally long and to be alerted it that happens. See this sticky for details:

https://forum.neptunesystems.com/sho...-Firmware-4-52
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Frequent Visitor
    The other way is to look at the output logs. That will show you the on and off times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Jstn View Post
    I want to understand my ATO better now that I have move to the ATK; I want to advance my code. A want to better understand how long it runs on average and how long between runs. This way I can put a limit on my pump (peristaltic Avaast) which isn't as important as creating a virtual alarm for sensor being closed too long (faulty/ dirty sensor). I tried to look at my ATO pump output but it is "noisy" (see attached).

My current program for my ATO

Fallback OFFSet OFF
    If Swx3_1 OPEN Then ON
    If Swx3_2 CLOSED Then OFF
    Defer 000:20 Then ON
    Defer 000:04 Then OFF

"Screen Shot 2019-01-04 at 8.59.02 AM.png

Thanks in advanced!

Why is your graph so erratic? Mine is very uniform. Is it due to programming?

ATK-Graph.jpg
    When You're a NOOB, You need lots of help all the time