Thread: Outlet 3 Isn't Turning On, Despite Being On The Light Schedule

Frequent Visitor

Outlet 3 Isn't Turning On, Despite Being On The Light Schedule

I have three Kessil 360's. They each have their own outlets.

Led Left Outlet 1
    Led Middle Outlet 2
    Led Right Outlet 3

They're all on the same schedule.

However, when I set the LED Right to Auto, the outlet isn't turning on. It will manually let me turn on, but isn't following the schedule.

Thoughts?

On a different note, I discovered something else about daisy chaining the Kessils. The left is the last in the chain, the middle is the middle, and the right is the primary where chain starts and the cable connects to the apex. If I turn the left led outlet off, the left goes out and the middle and right stay on. If I turn the middle off, the middle and the left go out and the right stays on. If I turn the right off, which is what it's doing now on it's own, they're all off. Weird. I would have thought they'd at least power up, but just not talk to the apex anymore...

UPDATE: I just turned the left led off, put it back to auto, and now that's not coming by the right one that is set to auto is on now. Is there some sort of safety device that delays turning the outlet back on in auto mode after you've shut it off and turned it back to auto?

Quote Originally Posted by deputydog95 View Post
    Is there some sort of safety device that delays turning the outlet back on in auto mode after you've shut it off and turned it back to auto?
    If you used the Light Control Type, yes, there is. The Light Control Type is intended for use with metal halides, which require a cool-down period if they've been turned off before they can be fired back up.

In the future, please always post the applicable programming up front when you have a question like this.

Plugging the Kessils' power supplies into EB outlets is not necessary, and it's not recommended to do so. Basically, it's a waste of those controllable outlets. You could also use a small powerstrip plugged into a single EB outlet and plug all three Kessils into that, thereby freeing up two EB outlets for more worthwhile usage. Regardless, if you power a Kessil through an EB outlet, that outlet should be programmed to simply be always ON.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

You might just be near the minimum intensity threshold. Is your percentage near or below 15 percent right now?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by RussM View Post
    If you used the Light Control Type, yes, there is. The Light Control Type is intended for use with metal halides, which require a cool-down period if they've been turned off before they can be fired back up.

In the future, please always post the applicable programming up front when you have a question like this.

Plugging the Kessils' power supplies into EB outlets is not necessary, and it's not recommended to do so. Basically, it's a waste of those controllable outlets. You could also use a small powerstrip plugged into a single EB outlet and plug all three Kessils into that, thereby freeing up two EB outlets for more worthwhile usage. Regardless, if you power a Kessil through an EB outlet, that outlet should be programmed to simply be always ON.
    Ok, that makes sense. Yes, I was using the "light wizard".

And yes, I'll make sure I put the programming up next time.

When I had just one energy bar with my classic system, that's exactly how I set the lights up. One outlet with a small strip for the three lights. However, I added so much stuff during the upgrade (two heaters instead of one, two banks of T5's etc), I got a second energy bar but had a few outlets left over. So I figured it might clean up some of the wiring mess in the stand if I just plugged them into the EB. They were empty outlets, so I said, what the hell

Other than wasting outlets, is there any harm in running them that way?

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post
    You might just be near the minimum intensity threshold. Is your percentage near or below 15 percent right now?

It was at around 40%. Mine actually start to flicker if I get below 15% so that's my bottom intensity.

I pretty certain now it's the metal halide protection programming you referenced in your previous post.

Quote Originally Posted by deputydog95 View Post
    Ok, that makes sense. Yes, I was using the "light wizard".

And yes, I'll make sure I put the programming up next time.

When I had just one energy bar with my classic system, that's exactly how I set the lights up. One outlet with a small strip for the three lights. However, I added so much stuff during the upgrade (two heaters instead of one, two banks of T5's etc), I got a second energy bar but had a few outlets left over. So I figured it might clean up some of the wiring mess in the stand if I just plugged them into the EB. They were empty outlets, so I said, what the hell

Other than wasting outlets, is there any harm in running them that way?
    No harm, just a waste of an outlet.