Thread: If you have two wav's and you sent one to inverse, what is supposed to happen?

Frequent Visitor

If you have two wav's and you sent one to inverse, what is supposed to happen?

I'm a little confused...

What exactly should be happening? I was expecting my right wav to be doing something opposite of the left wav. But they appear to be pretty close to identical in RPM and Flo in the dash.

Frequent Visitor
    What flow pattern do you have the master WAV at?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by vhuang168 View Post
    What flow pattern do you have the master WAV at?

I'm using "werkkrew's" downloadable "24h Wav Primary SPS" flow pattern. The note associated with it was to run the secondary pump as 100 inverse.

What exactly should be happening with this pattern?

What I was hoping for the left pump pump to ramp up and the right pump to ramp down, and then the right pump to ramp up and the left pump to ramp down to create some really chaotic water movement patterns in the tank.

What do the percentage numbers indicate on the sliders on the dashboard?

They don't correspond to the power percentage in the program or seem to have relativity to the rpm's.

For instance. My left wave should be at 53 percent according to the program, and it's showing 43% on the slider. Meanwhile, the right wav is showing 1%.

I'm brand new to the wav pumps and am still trying to figure all this out.

Appreciate the help.

Frequent Visitor
    That is a custom profile so I don’t know what is supposed to happen.

If you run a pulse mode, the inverse will be at the opposite of the master. So if master is at 100%, inverse is at 1% (or 0 can’t remember).

That is true only if some modes. Others will ramp differently in Inverse.

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by vhuang168 View Post
    That is a custom profile so I don’t know what is supposed to happen.

If you run a pulse mode, the inverse will be at the opposite of the master. So if master is at 100%, inverse is at 1% (or 0 can’t remember).

That is true only if some modes. Others will ramp differently in Inverse.

So inverse typically only refers to the pulse, not the pump power output?

What are the percentage numbers on the wav sliders supposed to indicate?

Quote Originally Posted by deputydog95 View Post
    So inverse typically only refers to the pulse, not the pump power output?

What are the percentage numbers on the wav sliders supposed to indicate?
    I personally don't like to use inverse at all unless you are using pulse or pipeline. All of the other modes basically have the master increase a little bit from a nominal flow and the slave does down a little bit from the nominal level. You tend to get more chaotic flow my mixing different modes together (ex Malibu with Mavericks).

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post
    I personally don't like to use inverse at all unless you are using pulse or pipeline. All of the other modes basically have the master increase a little bit from a nominal flow and the slave does down a little bit from the nominal level. You tend to get more chaotic flow my mixing different modes together (ex Malibu with Mavericks).

So for instance, you'll run Malibu on the left and say Mavericks on the right?

So for instance, you'll run Malibu on the left and say Mavericks on the right?
    Yes. Any combination will work as long as they aren't the same mode.

Frequent Visitor
    Yes. Any combination will work as long as they aren't the same mode.

Excellent. So I took more of your great advice and did exactly that.

There's a program on their by "Wikkid". He actually has two. Pretty good stuff and highly rated. However, I didn't want to have the left doing the same thing as the right. I guess I could have used one of his on the left and the other on the right, but I wanted to adjust the evening power levels, some of the time points, and have the power levels alternate.

He's uses the same time points in both.

So what I did was downloaded one to my left controller and the other one to my right controller.

From there, I basically made sure I never ran the same flow types on the left and right at the same time and further more, never the same flow type in a row on the left or the right.

On top of that, I alternated the power so one was at a certain percentage and the other was half that.

So at each time point, one got stronger, one got weaker, and they both changed flow programs, never running the same and never running the same two in a row.

I also slowed them down a bit at night as the first night I installed these, there were baby serpent stars snowing the display tank. I guess they were used to cruising the tank and weren't ready for so much flow so late at night.

I shared them publicly as Deputydog's SPS Left and DeputyDog's SPS Right if you want to check them out.

I'm pretty sure this is about as random as it gets...

BTW, when you use a pulse or something similar, are the numbers on the slider related to milleseconds between the pulses? I threw some random numbers in there that were slightly different from Wikkid's. His were typically .5 to .8 and I threw in some 2's and 3's for the hell of it. It doesn't say anywhere on the programming sliders what the numbers on the intervals mean.

What do the numbers on the sliders on the main page mean? Mine are showing 1% and 24% when I know that right now the left wav is at around 75%.

Wave %.png

The numbers on the pulse are seconds.

What do the numbers on the sliders on the main page mean? Mine are showing 1% and 24% when I know that right now the left wav is at around 75%.

Wave %.png
    The numbers are the current speed of the WAV (expressed as a percentage). Typically, the status % displayed will only be the same as the programmed speed if using Constant mode. The other all modes vary in intensity. For example, if you are running Mavericks or Malibu, the configured % is the *maximum* it can run at. In these modes, the WAV speed varies frequently, so will rarely actually be seen on the dashboard at that max %.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Frequent Visitor
    The numbers on the pulse are seconds.

Ok, that makes way more sense than milliseconds. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by RussM View Post
    The numbers are the current speed of the WAV (expressed as a percentage). Typically, the status % displayed will only be the same as the programmed speed if using Constant mode. The other all modes vary in intensity. For example, if you are running Mavericks or Malibu, the configured % is the *maximum* it can run at. In these modes, the WAV speed varies frequently, so will rarely actually be seen on the dashboard at that max %.
    Ok, that clears that up as well. Thank you!