Thread: Should you be able to see the Kessil's color and intensity numbers on the dash sliders?

Frequent Visitor

Should you be able to see the Kessil's color and intensity numbers on the dash sliders?

I am running the integration cable and I could have sworn my classic unit displayed the numbers related to intensity and color on the top right of the slider, much like the wav's do. All it shows is "TBL". What does TBL mean and shouldn't you be able to see those numbers or am I imagining that?

Tbl means it's currently running the wizard schedule. For some reason, only the VDM actually shows percent in fusion. I have no idea why.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post
    Tbl means it's currently running the wizard schedule. For some reason, only the VDM actually shows percent in fusion. I have no idea why.

Sorry for so many questions, but what is "VDM"?

Right now, I'm using the apex approved Kessil cable and have it plugged into the left variable port. The way I understand it is that the left variable port is 1 and 2.

I have variable 2 as the light's intensity, and variable 1 is the light's color.

Am I doing this right? The lights seem to be following my preferred color and intensity settings.

VDM = Variable Dimming Module, an Apex expansion module which has 4 variable/0-10v outputs and a serial output for controlling old AI Sol LEDs and some Zetlight LED models.

Yes, you are doing it right.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by RussM View Post
    VDM = Variable Dimming Module, an Apex expansion module which has 4 variable/0-10v outputs and a serial output for controlling old AI Sol LEDs and some Zetlight LED models.

Yes, you are doing it right.

Ah, ok then. Thank you.

So to confirm what Zombie said... If I use the variable port on the apex CPU, i won't see the percentages on my sliders. But if use the variable module, I will?

I had my kessil's plugged into my the variable port on my classic unit and I could have sworn it showed the percentages.

Is it possible the classic showed the variable percentages and the 2016 doesn't?

It's odd that it says TBL on there, when there is no wizard schedule for the intensity and color. It's all manually set.

What does TBL stand for anyway? Just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by deputydog95 View Post
    Ah, ok then. Thank you.

So to confirm what Zombie said... If I use the variable port on the apex CPU, i won't see the percentages on my sliders. But if use the variable module, I will?

I had my kessil's plugged into my the variable port on my classic unit and I could have sworn it showed the percentages.

Is it possible the classic showed the variable percentages and the 2016 doesn't?

It's odd that it says TBL on there, when there is no wizard schedule for the intensity and color. It's all manually set.

What does TBL stand for anyway? Just curious.
    I think the classic dashboard used to show percent even when using the wizard. Fusion has never shown it to my knowledge.

If you did the graph, you are using the wizard, just another name for it.

Tbl stands for table.