Thread: Question: SV 1 Apex Solenoid

New User

Question: SV 1 Apex Solenoid

I need some help here...
    Did the Apex Solenoid SV 1 in the ON position is open to allow air to pass by?

Does it need a minimum pressure to allow the air flow or it open and the skimmer can suck air?

My idea is to use it with a CO2 scrubber to be activated by PH parameters. On at 8.0 and off at 8.3 PH. Can it be possible with this solenoid? Or I will need to feed the canisters with an air pump to "some kind of pressure" helping the skimmer to suck air.

My skimmer have two intake in the silencer one is being used to inject ozone and it's working like charm with 1/4" tubing and been controlled by the ORP probe, and the other is the one I want to use for fresh air Co2 free with the scrubber controlled by the solenoid and the PH probe.
    20200403_155654.jpg
    20200403_155737.jpg

It won’t work. The solenoid’s orifice is too small for gravity-fed uses or and applications where there is no pressure on the inlet side. Your skimmer won’t pull enough air through it.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

I’ve tried to achieve the same thing and the only option I found was to use 120v electric ball valve you can pick normally open or normally closed they have allot at https://www.mcmaster.com/ but it got quite pricy so for PH I just programmed my skimmer to turn off at 8.3 and on at 8.29 the system will be fine with the skimmer off for about an hour or so. But if I was going to do it, to not waste an outlet I would add two their are a few threads about this but I gotta thank this guy for making a video about this https://youtu.be/GgEFmIQGaxk hopefully this helps.