Thread: waveline return feed mode

New User

waveline return feed mode

Hello
    Did a few searches and still at a loss. I have owned a few Apex systems I program them and forget a year later anyway I have a waveline DC pump and would like to slow the pump down to 35% during feeding so it doesnt backflow. I like to target feed a couple times a week. FeedA would be 5 Minutes

currently pump is
    DCPump_3_6
    advanced
    Fallback ON
    Set ON
    If FeedA 005 Then DC_pm_feedA

DC_pm_feedA
    Wav
    Constent
    35%

The only thing i can add is under normal operation the pump DCPump_3_6 is connected to a:
    virtual outlet
    DCpump_SPD
    device
    bas_var3
    type
    variable

I think this is where I am missing the boat.....Dont really remember how to set a virtual outlet up but will figure it out if need be.
    Can someone steer me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance

It needs to go in the variable speed port that the pump is connected to. The energy bar outlet should be set always on.

You also no longer need to use profiles for constant modes as long as you have a firmware that has been updated in the last couple years. Now you can just type the percent.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

New User
    well that threw me off..... No more profiles???? sounds like i need to start over and relearn things. All my programs still operate correctly and I think I have about 14 profiles. Half are for my maxspect gyres. Anyway so I checked and the variable speep port looks like this

BASIC tab

device: base_Var3
    name: DCpump_spd
    icon: Fan
    fallback: ON
    log: enabled

Advance tab

If FeedA 000 Then DC_FeedMode
    If FeedB 000 Then DC_FeedMode
    If FeedC 000 Then DC_FeedMode

BUT your saying I DO NOT need the profile DC_FeedMode???
    would it be replace with: If FeedA 000 Then 35% OR If FeedA 000 Then DCpump_spd 35%

also what is the 000. most my feed profiles say 005. I assumed it was how long the feed cycle but this one actually is 000

As zombie said, in many cases you no longer need to use a Ramp profile set to the same start and end intensity in order to get a constant %. See this sticky for more details: https://forum.neptunesystems.com/sho...-5-03-and-4-53

If FeedA 000 Then 35% is not the proper syntax... don't use a % character - just the numeric value, such as If FeedA 000 Then 35

The XXX in a If Feed? XXX is the additional time in minutes that outlet will remain in the specified state after the feed timer has expired.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.