Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WAV adjustment extension

Frequent Visitor
    Just an FYI- I had two printed several months ago in ABS plastic. I recently experienced some STN on a few SPS. I did an ICP and found my Antimony extremely high at 26! I am not sure if its from the ABS but there exists that possibility.

Regular Vistor
    See here

https://forum.neptunesystems.com/sho...973#post174973

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyCT View Post
    Has anyone tried to make the WAV 90 degrees and did it work? I'm assuming the 45 degree plus the 20 degree built into the WAV work fine but I need even more. Maybe I just need around 60 degrees in this item plus the built in 20 would be enough.

- - - Updated - - -

kylarse - where did you get that foam prefilter shown in the picture? That's just what I need.

Mickey

Quote Originally Posted by cdavmd View Post
    Just an FYI- I had two printed several months ago in ABS plastic. I recently experienced some STN on a few SPS. I did an ICP and found my Antimony extremely high at 26! I am not sure if its from the ABS but there exists that possibility.
    Found this: https://colourlex.com/pigments/pigme...s-sn-sb-pb-bi/

May want to avoid plastics in those colors.

Regular Vistor
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    Found this: https://colourlex.com/pigments/pigme...s-sn-sb-pb-bi/

May want to avoid plastics in those colors.
    I use petg and have used black and orange for 6-8 months and my Sn Sb and PB are all non existant.

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Behold81 View Post
    I use petg and have used black and orange for 6-8 months and my Sn Sb and PB are all non existant.
    I've been using mine since shortly after I started this thread, Just did an ICP-OES test last month, all came back clean, according to ATI. ICP report is attached. Mine is black ABS. Corals, etc are all fine. I use Red Sea Coral Pro Salt.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Markoohay View Post
    I just had one printed and it is 99% perfect. I need the WAV to be 90% from the base. It would be nice if this were just a hair longer as it just falls short (it can go the 90, but it's too close to the end and a bit unstable).

No reason you couldn't stack two on top of each other, aside from how far from the glass it would end up.

learning

i need a 90 degree mount for the Wav

I don't have any 3D printer or any design skills. Can someone please design one?

Frequent Visitor
    I had a couple printed based on this design. PETG in black. Could not slide on magnet. Broke one of them trying to slide. Disappointed. Bad vendor I guess. May try again with a different provider.

Regular Vistor
    Quote Originally Posted by wwanthony View Post
    I had a couple printed based on this design. PETG in black. Could not slide on magnet. Broke one of them trying to slide. Disappointed. Bad vendor I guess. May try again with a different provider.
    They are tight. Ideally they need to be redone with a better resolution on the radius. But I have printed 5 now and never broke a magnet.

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Behold81 View Post
    They are tight. Ideally they need to be redone with a better resolution on the radius. But I have printed 5 now and never broke a magnet.
    They certainly are tight. I did not break the magnet, I broke the PETG adapter. The problem was my technique. I believe if you don't slide it on at the correct angle, you can snap it. Which happened to me. I tried another I ordered this morning and after I started to slide it on, I tapped it on the rest of the way very lightly with a hammer. Worked like a charm. This is a great enhancement to mounting the WAV. Thanks to the designer........

Regular Vistor
    Quote Originally Posted by wwanthony View Post
    They certainly are tight. I did not break the magnet, I broke the PETG adapter. The problem was my technique. I believe if you don't slide it on at the correct angle, you can snap it. Which happened to me. I tried another I ordered this morning and after I started to slide it on, I tapped it on the rest of the way very lightly with a hammer. Worked like a charm. This is a great enhancement to mounting the WAV. Thanks to the designer........
    Oh I see. Resolution can be half the issue as the edges in petg can be rounded and make it a bit tight. But I normally run a de burr on them and it’s fine. Also my 90 version is a little better as I cleaned it up a bit.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12