Thread: Where do you enter the tank info for the "Flo" reading?

Frequent Visitor

Where do you enter the tank info for the "Flo" reading?

I've looked everywhere, but t doesn't appear to be in an obvious place.

Thanks!

Click the gear on the FLO tile

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

It's covered in the WAV Get Started Guide and the WAV QuickStart manual.

Click the gear button on the FLO tile.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by RussM View Post
    It's covered in the WAV Get Started Guide and the WAV QuickStart manual.

Click the gear button on the FLO tile.
    I read the manual, but didn't realize there was a specific "flo" tile as it was all the way right in my available tile bars. I think I was assuming the manual meant the Wav tiles where the Flo reading was being displayed. It's a little confusing but I'm tracking with you now.

Frequent Visitor
    When you set this up and it's looking for total tank volume, I assume you should try to calculate the actual volume that is being displaced with rock and sand?

So for instance, my DT is 112 gallons. I'm assuming I probably have at least 10 gallons of rock and sand. So I should calculate it based on 102 gallons?

Quote Originally Posted by deputydog95 View Post
    When you set this up and it's looking for total tank volume, I assume you should try to calculate the actual volume that is being displaced with rock and sand?

So for instance, my DT is 112 gallons. I'm assuming I probably have at least 10 gallons of rock and sand. So I should calculate it based on 102 gallons?
    Typical practice is display volume without subtracting rock and sand.

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post
    Typical practice is display volume without subtracting rock and sand.

Ok, since my DT is rated at 112, then that's where I'll put the number in the Flo tile.

Thanks for the input!

- - - Updated - - -

Is there a particular Flo number you would be shooting for in an SPS tank?

I can't seem to get over 5.2 with my left and right Wav's. I run then as high as 80% with alternating programs and alternating power levels. Seems like a lot of water movement to only get a 5 out of 10....

Ok, since my DT is rated at 112, then that's where I'll put the number in the Flo tile.

Thanks for the input!

- - - Updated - - -

I can't seem to get over 5.2 with my left and right Wav's. I run then as high as 80% with alternating programs and alternating power levels. Seems like a lot of water movement to only get a 5 out of 10....
    6-7 is ideal for most SPS dominant tanks, but anything above 5 should work pretty well

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post
    6-7 is ideal for most SPS dominant tanks, but anything above 5 should work pretty well

What program do you think gets you near that 6-7 number on the Flo meter?
    I had a mix of programs with a max intensity of 90, but since the Apex picks the actual intensity up to the max intensity, it seems that I'm rarely getting seeing anything near my max intensity and nothing over 5 on the Flo meter.

With an SPS dominant tank, do you think Mavericks are the way to go? Seems like it throws in some variety, but for the most part, keeps everything churning in the tank and it doesn't have much in the way of lulls...

Another question, if I were to run my right pump on Mavericks and the left pump on Inverse, both at a max intensity of 90%, what should I expect to see happen?

Also, if I just want to run Rincon all the time, can I just have the program start at 00:00 and have that be my only point on the graph since I'm not changing the intensity or flow pattern?

Last question, for now anyway , where do you prefer to place your Wav's? I read a thread on here where it was recommended to place them on the back wall, near the side panels, about 2/3rds the way up with the pumps angled toward the middle of the front panel. I was a little underwhelmed with the amount of flow that produced and put the left and right on the side panels, in the middle, about 1/3rd of the way down.

Thoughts on placement?

5.2 is OK for a common SPS tank. The 6-7 range is more of a target for those SPS which require higher flow than typical SPS.

FLO is not a linear scale; it's nonlinear scale... it takes more turnovers per hour to go, for example, from a FLO of 5 to 6 than it does to go from 3 to 4. A "10" is, for all practical purposes, unobtainable. Doing some quick math, you'd have to have 5 WAVs running at a constant 100% in a tank having 100g of water to get a FLO of 10, and that would just be insane.

If you go to the FLO configuration page, then click the question mark button, you can learn more about FLO. There's a chart there that shows the nonlinear nature of FLO.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by RussM View Post
    5.2 is OK for a common SPS tank. The 6-7 range is more of a target for those SPS which require higher flow than typical SPS.

FLO is not a linear scale; it's nonlinear scale... it takes more turnovers per hour to go, for example, from a FLO of 5 to 6 than it does to go from 3 to 4. A "10" is, for all practical purposes, unobtainable. Doing some quick math, you'd have to have 5 WAVs running at a constant 100% in a tank having 100g of water to get a FLO of 10, and that would just be insane.

If you go to the FLO configuration page, then click the question mark button, you can learn more about FLO. There's a chart there that shows the nonlinear nature of FLO.
    Got it. That makes sense. Thanks, Russ.