Thread: Newbie: Breakout Box Programming Help

New User

Newbie: Breakout Box Programming Help

Hello! I just bought an Apex and was hoping someone could please help me with a question / issue I have.

Background: I have 3 Kessil A360 We lights connected together. They are connected to V1 and V2 and the color and intensity profiles are using the wizard / table. I have also created 3 other profiles -

1) MaxIntens 100%
    2) Moon Light - 0
    3) Day Light - 100

I also have the Breakout box with a 3 way toggle connected to switch 2 and switch 3.

Desired End State: In the center position, I would like the toggle to stay on schedule per the table I have already created. However, I would like it in the Right position to turn on the Moon Lights and override the schedule and in the Left position I would like it to turn on the Day Light and over ride the schedule. I believe I can use this when there I do maintenance or if I need to turn them on temporarily if I have a visitor.

For the Colors Channel, I have added code in the Advanced section that reads as follows:

If Moon Closed Then MoonLight
    If Day Closed Then Day Light

For the Intensity Channel, I have added the following Code:

If Moon Closed Then MaxIntens
    If Day Closed Then MaxIntens

Moon Light, Day Light and Max Intens are all Ramp Profiles. However after I add my code hit save, exit and return, Apex changes my code automatically and the switch does not behave as desired. Images attached.

Please help!!

Switches on Breakout Box:

Profiles Created

Code Entered in Apex by Me:

Code Apex Changes to:

Change the name of the Moon switch to something else, such as MoonSw. “Moon” is a reserved keyword - If Moon is a programming command. You can’t use “Moon” as a user-defined name.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

New User
    Simply put, you are a genius! After a night of lost sleep and different suggestions by different people, your one simple tip fixed my issue THANK YOU!!!!!!!

Is there a list of all the reserved words? Also, is it possible to program weather effects to the Kessil ? For example Lightening and Clouds using the weather effects? Would it work?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RussM View Post
    Change the name of the Moon switch to something else, such as MoonSw. “Moon” is a reserved keyword - If Moon is a programming command. You can’t use “Moon” as a user-defined name.

Simply put, you are a genius! After a night of lost sleep and different suggestions by different people, your one simple tip fixed my issue THANK YOU!!!!!!!

Is there a list of all the reserved words? Also, is it possible to program weather effects to the Kessil ? For example Lightening and Clouds using the weather effects? Would it work?

The Comprehensive Reference Manual has almost all of them.

The Weather profile cannot be used with variable outputs. They are for use with AI Sol, AI Hydra/Vega, and Ecotech Radion lights
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

New User
    Quote Originally Posted by RussM View Post
    The Comprehensive Reference Manual has almost all of them.

The Weather profile cannot be used with variable outputs. They are for use with AI Sol, AI Hydra/Vega, and Ecotech Radion lights

Good to know, thank you !