Thread: DOS daily water changes

New User

DOS daily water changes

as the title says i want my DOS to do daily 2g water changes. this quote is from the DOS instruction manual which kinda confuses me (OWS is old salt water and NSW is new salt water)
    "The first program will begin at 12:00 and pump out old saltwater. Each ‘dose’ will take 4 minutes (1000 / 250) and will pump out 1000 mL. The second program for the NSW will wait 8 minutes then start the exact same cycle and pump 1000 mL of NSW back into the tank. Meanwhile the OSW pump is waiting to cool down for 16 minutes after which time it will repeat the cycle. Same for the NSW pump. This will repeat another 2 times and 4000 mL of water (2.1 gallons) will have been exchanged."
    in that case i would have to turn off my ATO and return pump so it don't run dry, which complicates things because my carbon reactor and calcium reactor is plumbed into my return line. is there a way to run OSW and NSW at the same time pulling OSW from the first chamber in my sump and adding NSW to the return chamber of my sump? if that's possible i think i would be able to keep both my ATO and return pump on during the process.
    the DOS is located above my mixing station in the garage that's about 15' from my tank it would pull NSW directly from my mixing station and dump OSW down the drain behind my washing machine.
    also i would like to put a neptune pmup pump in the salt water container to mix it up for 5ish minutes before the auto water change starts, so could i plug the pmup into the eb832 24v accessory port and have the apex kick it on 5 minutes before the water change starts?
    thanks

Use the DOS Get Started Guide. It will walk you though how to set up concurrent AWC. When you do as it shows, both pumps will run at the same time so water level remains constant.

https://www.neptunesystems.com/getstarted/dos/
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Regular Vistor
    I did what Russ said, water level is constant.

New User
    I am having the exact issue as i type. The DOS just started pulling water out of the tank, but is not replacing it. My water levels are decreasing and I am unable to find how to make both pumps run concurrently in the "get started" information. Can someone offer the steps before my water drops much further?