Thread: DIY FMM probes?

New User

DIY FMM probes?

Hi all,
    I don't think neptune posts the specs for the 4 pole 2.5mm plugs on the FMM, but I can imagine some interesting diy possibilities there. It might not be possible, the FMM auto senses probes so they may be tied closely together. But if it is possible to DIY, does anyone know the specs (and perhaps most important, the limits so I don't blow it up if I do try something)?

Thanks!

I know this doesn't really answer your question, but I made a BOB that uses 3.5mm mono headphone connectors it works great, all of my float switches are connected that way. I honestly wouldn't go trying to plug random stuff into the FMM since it has 4 poles and we don't know what each one is for.

**You could try taking a Water on floor sensor and testing continuity between the connections on the bottom and the poles on the connector with a multimeter... that would tell you which poles you need to connect for a simple switch. *shrug*

New User
    Thanks, I have the same BOB setup and you're right, its very handy. I'm thinking more along the lines of different optical switches, non-pipe flow gauges, and who knows what else. Maybe even another place to plug a temp probe, I'm always looking for more of these. Your advice is good tho, I won't try anything until I have some idea of what this box can do. Even then it may not be useful if we can't get at the code needed for a meaningful display (maybe temp would display as a leak??).

It is unfortunately against forum rules for us to provide any information on how to DIY probes into the FMM. If you want to do so, you will void your warranty and have to reverse engineer it.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

New User
    Ah, I thought that might be the case, but figured I'd check.