Thread: Multiple alarm emails?

NSI Member

Multiple alarm emails?

One of my Apex brains is running three tanks (MainReef, Jelly, QT, Frag). In programming the email alarm outlet, I have several lines of "if output..." and "if error..." for things that I need to be notified about but not act on right away. I also have several lines of "if output..." and "if error..." for things that are absolutely critical (return pumps, heater issues, leaks, etc) that need immediate response. I also have a VO I can use to "hush email alerts" when things are simply informative, and I don't need to be getting them every hour. The issue, of course, is that I also will not get the things that are critical. My last statement in the email alarm outlet is "If Output Alarm_Hush = ON Then OFF".

What I want to accomplish is to separate the critical from the informational alarms so I can reduce nuisance alarming, but also be alerted for criticals while being able to see the immediate issue. I'm looking at three options:

1. Use the "order of operation" and list the alarms from least to most critical in the outlet, and insert a If Output Alarm_InfoHush = ON Then OFF between the informative and criticals.

2. Use VO's for critical and info, and only have two lines in the email alert output. each VO would have its own set of coding to trigger it. I see this as a way of allowing the informational alarms to have defer statements (switches, sensors, etc) without having to defer the entire alarm outlet if there is an emergency (leaks, return pump). This would not allow me, at a glance, to see what the alert is without logging into fusion.

3. Using the warn output as info and the email as critical. This achieves the same as above, but would not allow me to see what the informative alarm was.

I would love to be able to set up a second email output, but I'm not sure that possible. That would be the most ideal solution. One issue I see with the alarming outlet (less issue, more inconvenience) is that the alert will only send out the last alarm set on your list (so from bottom of the list to top hierarchy). This means I could have an issue with my return pump, and the outlet comes on, but if the leak outlet line is above it, and also goes high, I would never be "re-alerted" that there was a second issue. It makes for the list order to be very important, and makes multiple tanks an issue.

I'm hoping someone has had this issue and come up with a solution. I'm excited to hear everyone's thoughts on the best approach (and especially new ones!).

Use approach #1.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk