Thread: EB8 Outlet Issue

Frequent Visitor

EB8 Outlet Issue

I have recently moved all my apex items to a new location, and in doing so, had to contact support to get my Radion's and MP40s connected. We discovered that outlet #2 on my 2nd EB8 does not work. Support helped me connect all my lights and pumps, so problem solved for now except I have an outlet that does not work.

Fast forward to today, and I got an alert that my temp has dropped below the desired temp. My heater is plugged into the first EB8 (not the one where outlet #2 is now not working), and it does not seem to be working either. It is plugged into outlet #5. I have plugged the heater directly into a regular outlet, and it works fine. I have also tried to plug a light that I know works into outlet #5, and it does not work. I confirmed the program for that outlet is the default heater program as follows:

https://gyazo.com/d82998d56d00d0e54cd9b779d78c9d3f

I am hoping someone can give me some direction on what on earth is going on. Support (while helping me connect my lights and pumps told me I could send the EB in for outlet #2 that wasn't working, but clearly that was something I was trying to avoid). HELP!

How big is this heater. You might have overloaded and damaged the outlet. Did you put the outlet in manual ON to verify that your coding wasn't just wrong?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post
    How big is this heater. You might have overloaded and damaged the outlet. Did you put the outlet in manual ON to verify that your coding wasn't just wrong?

300 w. Same heater that has been running on this system for 3yrs. Nothing changed when I moved the equipment other than now somehow it is not working like it was a week ago. I am using the default heater coding that is in fusion.

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post

And I have confirmed that turned the outlet on manually does not work either. In fact, the outlet reads on as shown here:

https://gyazo.com/43c0d5bf16c2ca1394ba60af30abcc56

The issue of coarse is that it is not physically turning on the heater, even though the heater works and the program has determined it is supposed to be on since the DT Temp is <77.5.