Thread: Trigger DOS in Reverse

New User

Trigger DOS in Reverse

Hello,

I have a DOS set to to do automatic water changes which created a DOS_ADD and DOS_REMOVE control/slider on the dashboard.

On occasion, I want to be able to remove some water from my reef tank quickly (as fast as possible) but manually turning on the "DOS_REMOVE" makes the waste pump turn on in forward and at a slow rate. I need it to go in reverse and faster.

I'm new to Apex and guessing I need a new Profile with the DOS parameters I want but can't figure out how to trigger/use that profile on demand.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Yes, you set up a DOS profile with the total amount and rate that you want. Then you create a virtual output (Outputs page, click the gear and select Add a virtual output at the upper right); name it whatever you'd name a switch and its only code will be Set OFF. Put this on your dashboard. Now use that VO in your Basic View tab of your DOS code (away from the graphics), add it at the bottom, like this:

If Output VOSwitch = ON Then ProfileName

Now every time you flick that switch to ON (note that there is no AUTO here, it's on or off), your DOS will execute the specific profile. Note, if it's a long event, toggling the VO switch back to OFF will terminate it prematurely.

New User
    I'm following everything except the "basic view of the DOS code" - where is that? Thanks for the reply!

apex.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by rkpetersen View Post
    Yes, you set up a DOS profile with the total amount and rate that you want. Then you create a virtual output (Outputs page, click the gear and select Add a virtual output at the upper right); name it whatever you'd name a switch and its only code will be Set OFF. Put this on your dashboard. Now use that VO in your Basic View tab of your DOS code (away from the graphics), add it at the bottom, like this:

If Output VOSwitch = ON Then ProfileName

Now every time you flick that switch to ON (note that there is no AUTO here, it's on or off), your DOS will execute the specific profile. Note, if it's a long event, toggling the VO switch back to OFF will terminate it prematurely.

Click on the grey gear icon of either the Dos_add or dos_remove tile that you have at the bottom right (whichever pump you want to use). The next page is the Schedule in Wizard mode. Click on the grey icon at the upper left titled 'Basic View'. There you see the actual code that the DOS is currently using. Don't change anything, but add that line at the end of the code that's already there, and save.

Btw, there are many other useful lines you can add here. For example, if you're dosing alk but don't want the pH to get too high, you can have the DOS skip a dose if the pH is above a certain level. Or if you don't want it operating during a feed cycle, you can have it stay off then as well. I don't do AWC so I'm not as familiar there, but I bet there are some more nice useful code lines that I hadn't even considered.

New User
    Perfect! I learned a bunch - thanks very very much!

Quote Originally Posted by rkpetersen View Post
    Click on the grey gear icon of either the Dos_add or dos_remove tile that you have at the bottom right (whichever pump you want to use). The next page is the Schedule in Wizard mode. Click on the grey icon at the upper left titled 'Basic View'. There you see the actual code that the DOS is currently using. Don't change anything, but add that line at the end of the code that's already there, and save.

Btw, there are many other useful lines you can add here. For example, if you're dosing alk but don't want the pH to get too high, you can have the DOS skip a dose if the pH is above a certain level. Or if you don't want it operating during a feed cycle, you can have it stay off then as well.