Thread: Programming the Feed Mode for the DOS

Frequent Visitor

Programming the Feed Mode for the DOS

I have a slider for the DOS power, as well as two sliders for the Alk and Ca.

Can I simply use this code on the power slider: If FeedA 020 Then OFF

I assume if I shut the power slider to off, then the DOS will not continue to work?

Or do I have to do programming for the Ca and Alk sliders as well, essentially telling the DOS power, Alk, and Ca to shut down for 20 mins?

I shut my return pump down during feeding and I'm trying to avoid the unit dumping Alk and Ca in the sump while the return is off.

Put the Feed statements in the DOS pump outputs. Do not shut off power to the DOS. It’s best not even have the DOS power supply plugged into an EB outlet - it’s a waste of that outlet. If you do opt to keep it the way you have it, that EB outlet should be programmed ONLY with:

Fallback ON
    Set ON
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by RussM View Post
    Put the Feed statements in the DOS pump outputs. Do not shut off power to the DOS. It’s best not even have the DOS power supply plugged into an EB outlet - it’s a waste of that outlet. If you do opt to keep it the way you have it, that EB outlet should be programmed ONLY with:

Fallback ON
    Set ON
    Copy that. I went ahead and put the feed mode programming specifically in the Alk slider and the Ca slider, and did not include any feed mode programming with the DOS power slider.

Agreed on wasting an outlet.... However, I went a little overboard and bought two energy bars so I didn't have splitters and extension cords everywhere, so I have outlets to spare.

I did go ahead and set the Fallback and Set on the DOS power slider per your suggestion.