Thread: ATO overflowed, trying to figure out why

Regular Vistor

ATO overflowed, trying to figure out why

While on vacation I had two possibly connected, possibly separate issues that I am trying to unravel to prevent future occurrences.

1 - My Apex disconnects from fusion periodically (every few weeks or months, with no discernible pattern) and requires a manual reset. The reset always worked, until now. This time I had to walk my tank sitter through logging into Apex Local and requesting a new token, which resulted in a new Fusion screen and the loss of most outlet naming and programming. Thankfully the good folks at Neptune were able to retrieve my programming and send it to me in a PDF file so at least I can re-create it. The result, though, is that I wasn't receiving alerts when my tank overflowed.

2 - Tuesday morning my tank sitter came in to find my tank overflowing, ATO reservoir empty and EB832 wet. (Thankfully the GCFI prevented total disaster).

I'm addressing the issue of Apex disconnecting from Fusion with Neptune tech support. But I can't figure out why the ATO overflowed. It's a simple setup - one float switch one pump. I suppose a second float switch for redundancy might have prevented this but I'm not sure.

Looking back through the logs, the ATO pump kicked on at approx 2018 on Monday night and turned off at 2019, totally appropriate. That is the last log entry from the ATO pump.

Here's the programming I had in place, which has worked flawlessly for nearly a year. As you can see, even if the float switch malfunctioned and stuck "on" the ATO pump would turn off after a minute (to prevent this exact problem!). I copied it directly from the PDF of my old programming sent to me by Neptune Support.

ID 23 Device 4_6 Name 32ATOPmp_4_6Type outlet Icon  Spigot ControlTypeAdvancedLog Enable
    Program Fallback OFFSet OFFIf Swx3_6 OPEN Then ONIf FeedB 005 Then OFFIf FeedD 005 Then OFFWhen On > 001:00 Then OFF

We got home late last night so here I am trying to piece together what happened (while I wait for my LFS to open so I can go buy a new EB832 - grrrr). As I stated, I looked through the logs and the last entry is for Monday night (the best I can determine it overflowed at about 0700 Tue morning). When I went into Apex local and the EB832 Output Configuration, this is what I see for that outlet but I am pretty sure this is current state (after starting the new Fusion) and won't reflect the settings in place when the overflow occurred.

2019-01-18.jpg

If anyone can think of another direction to take to look for clues what went wrong, I would love the input!

Thanks in advance

Regular Vistor
    Further review of the logs shows the last entry for Monday was at 2050. There are no more entries at all until Tuesday at 1258, which is around the time my tanksitter was getting everything back online and I was frantically putting in some rudimentary programming with my phone from my room in Jamaica. Note to self, always bring laptop on vacation.

2019-01-18 (1).jpg

I don't think we had a power outage because my security camera didn't alarm until Tuesday morning when the GCFI turned it off. Also, all the clocks in the house are correct.

Regular Vistor
    Power log from midnight, Jan 14 to midnight Jan 16. It looks almost as if the outlet continuously drew power up until a failure point, rather than the on/off pattern I would expect to see.

2019-01-18 (3).jpg

What is your code for the ATO and what outlet is it plugged into?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Regular Vistor
    Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post
    What is your code for the ATO and what outlet is it plugged into?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Code for the ATO is in the original post, pasted here:

ID 23 Device 4_6 Name 32ATOPmp_4_6Type outlet Icon  Spigot ControlTypeAdvancedLog Enable
    Program Fallback OFFSet OFFIf Swx3_6 OPEN Then ONIf FeedB 005 Then OFFIf FeedD 005 Then OFFWhen On > 001:00 Then OFF

Bar 4, outlet 6