Thread: Help with RODI Fill

Frequent Visitor

Help with RODI Fill

I have a VO that controls a SV-1 solenoid valve to fill an RODI tank. There are two OS-1 sensors in the tank RODILO and RODIHI. The VO and solenoid are both set to auto. Both come on when RODILO opens but then both turn off as soon as RODILO closes. My code is listed below. What is wrong?

RODIFILL

Set OFF
    If RODILO OPEN Then ON
    If RODIHI CLOSED Then OFF

RODISOLEN2_9

Set OFF
    If Output RODIFILL = ON Then ON
    If Output RODIFILL = OFF Then OFF

There is no value in using a virtual output here. You do not need one. Your solenoid outlet program should be this:

Fallback OFF
    If RODILO OPEN Then ON

The problem is that you have a Set OFF when you should not have. This sticky explains when and when not to use a Set statement: https://forum.neptunesystems.com/sho...l=1#post114462
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Frequent Visitor
    I'm using the code below and the solenoid when set to automatic is not turning off when RODIHI closes. I have moved both out of the water and watched both of them open and then close in the correct order when the water level rises but the solenoid never shuts off when set to automatic. I verified that both optical switches are set to optical on the FMM module page and the plugs are fully inserted into the FMM.
    Currently RODILO and RODIHI are both closed and under water but when I set the solenoid to auto from off the solenoid opens. What am I doing wrong?

Fallback OFF
    If RODILO OPEN Then ON

Frequent Visitor
    I've done some tests using the same exact code as my previous post. I applied the code to my other 24V port (B) on my main EB832 as well as an outlet on the same 832 and another outlet on a second 832. Port B shows off as expected when set to automatic and the test outlet on the main 832 behaves the same way. The outlet on the second 832 goes to on when switched to automatic just like 24V port A that works the solenoid. Both RODILO and RODIHI are still closed. Any thoughts as to why this is happening?

Quote Originally Posted by jamesreich View Post
    I've done some tests using the same exact code as my previous post. I applied the code to my other 24V port (B) on my main EB832 as well as an outlet on the same 832 and another outlet on a second 832. Port B shows off as expected when set to automatic and the test outlet on the main 832 behaves the same way. The outlet on the second 832 goes to on when switched to automatic just like 24V port A that works the solenoid. Both RODILO and RODIHI are still closed. Any thoughts as to why this is happening?
    Did you have the solenoid originally plugged into a triac outlet on an EB8?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Frequent Visitor
    No SV-1 solenoid valve has always been plugged into the same 24V port on the same EB832.

Frequent Visitor
    I did more tests today. I pulled both sensors out of the water so both showed open as expected and both outlets and both 24V ports showed on. I then placed the RODILO sensor under water and it changed to closed and then waited a few minutes and put RODIHI under water and also changed to closed and neither the outlets nor the 24V ports turned off. What's the next troubleshooting step?

Screenshot the code you used.

Frequent Visitor
    Do you have something else named RODIHI?

Frequent Visitor
    I don't have anything else named RODIHI. The FMM that the two sensor are plugged into failed and was sent back for repair and came back and both sensors were put back into the same ports with the same names. Could this be the cause of the strange behavior?

Quote Originally Posted by jamesreich View Post
    I don't have anything else named RODIHI. The FMM that the two sensor are plugged into failed and was sent back for repair and came back and both sensors were put back into the same ports with the same names. Could this be the cause of the strange behavior?
    Yes. Find all instances where the switch lines are used and delete those. Then unplug the FMM and delete it. Then plug it back in and set it up like it is a whole new FMM. Then program.

What is probably happening is that the apex is trying to use the "old" FMM for the switch lines.

Frequent Visitor
    I deleted all lines of code that contained the switches and then unplugged the switch and aquabus cables going into the FMM and deleted the module. I then plugged the aquabus and switch cables back in. The FMM still has the same name and address and I'm still having the same problems. How do I force the system to assign a different address to the FMM and how do I delete the switches to start fresh?

Try rebooting the apex after the deleting the FMM step.

Frequent Visitor
    I did a reboot after deleting the FMM and added the FMM back as well as the sensors. The sensors respond correctly when placed in and taken out of water. The 24V port with the solenoid still goes to on when set to auto with both sensors showing closed. I used the same code on an outlet from the same 832 and it also went to on when set to auto. More tests on the other 24V port on the same 832 and 24v ports and an outlet on a second 832 produced the correct results. I also tried other sensors on the system that are currently closed and the 24v port with the solenoid then produced the correct result. I changed out the sensors for RODIHI and RODILO with two spare known working sensors and ran the tests again with the same results.
    Further testing with the outlet the failed eventually produced the desired result with RODILO and RODIHI after testing with other closed sensors. Using different combinations with the solenoid port points to RODIHI port 4 is the culprit. The strange thing is that it works for the other ports and outlets.

SOL.jpg

Frequent Visitor
    I contacted Neptune Support yesterday and received two emails with the most recent one this morning at 407 AM. Talk about awesome customer support and the problem is solved. At the tech's suggestion I updated the already current firmware with no change. I then reset the FMM again no change. I removed all lines of code that contained RODIHI and those devices behaved correctly. I then renamed RODIHI to hirodi and added that back into the devices – 100% SUCCESS!