Thread: FMM 3.5mm jack pinout

New User

FMM 3.5mm jack pinout

Ok, the FMM uses a 3.5mm jack similar to headphones for its 4 inputs, but looks as if each jack has 3 or 4 contacts. I would assume these contacts are ground, a power (+5VDC likely), and one or two signal wires.

Power and ground, obviously to power the sensor circuit for flow sensors and optical sensors. One signal port to send the open/closed when using the optical sensor, either full ground or full 5VDC. When placed in flow mode, sends a voltage based on speed of the pump. Or that is at least what I would expect.

Reason I am asking, I have a thought of adding a fluid level sensor to my FMM using the sensor in the link:
    https://www.adafruit.com/product/265...4mJyOKYKlAaWNY

Obviously not supported, but if I knew the basics of the voltage in/out, I could adapt the sensor to the Apex. Anyone have any luck with something like this?

Thanks in advance!
    Dan

I have done some reverse engineering of the optical jack and I can tell you it is much more complex than a simple signal input and 5V wetting. Due to forum rules prohibiting "modifications", that is as much as I can tell you.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk