Thread: Ai Hydra Lights Made a Mistake

New User

Ai Hydra Lights Made a Mistake

I got things working in Apex however made a mistake and did not get them added with the child parent relationship. I read that I need to contact APEX to get the IoTa ouputs removed from fusion so I could start over and configure it correctly in fusion. Figured no big deal I will just continue to use the AI App. Now the lights flash back and forth which I assume is them switching between the APEX and AI. I reset the AI lights and set them up again thinking that would fix things. It did not work. Is there anyway to fix this or do I need to work with APEX to get the outputs removed from Fusion. Any ideas??
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    I got things working in Apex however made a mistake and did not get them added with the child parent relationship. I
    That is not a mistake; you do not need to have lights in Child mode. Actually, I do not recommend using AI lights in Parent/Child relationship with another light. It's best to have each light added to the Apex individually.

You cannot delete IOTA outputs (at least not directly.) To remove AI lights from IOTA control, just go to the Modules page in either APEX Local or APEX Fusion and delete the IOTA modules. This in turn will remove the IOTA outputs. You do not need to contact tech support to do this.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

New User
    Quote Originally Posted by RussM View Post
    That is not a mistake; you do not need to have lights in Child mode. Actually, I do not recommend using AI lights in Parent/Child relationship with another light. It's best to have each light added to the Apex individually.

You cannot delete IOTA outputs (at least not directly.) To remove AI lights from IOTA control, just go to the Modules page in either APEX Local or APEX Fusion and delete the IOTA modules. This in turn will remove the IOTA outputs. You do not need to contact tech support to do this.
    Perfect!! Thanks Russ.... I appreciate all the help you give to me and everyone on this forum!!

New User
    Russ,
    I am having the same issue as Ziggy.

I am unable to delete it via the modules tab as you suggested, the only module that is visible is my EB8.
    Go to add function and "no IOTA modules"

Thoughts? apex.PNG

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Now the lights flash back and forth which I assume is them switching between the APEX and AI. I reset the AI lights and set them up again thinking that would fix things. It did not work. Is there anyway to fix this or do I need to work with APEX to get the outputs removed from Fusion. Any ideas??
    Thanks
    This sounds like it might be the same that was happening when I first attached my Hydras to Fusion. Be sure that the lights are set to 'Manual' on the controlling AI webpage, otherwise AI and Apex will both try to control the lights. I run a Parent light with 2 Child lights and it works well.