Thread: Alias Problems

New User

Alias Problems

I love the potential of this feature, but am having a problem. (Note that due to audible namespace conflicts in my household, only "Echo" works for us, so Echo is how we refer to Alexa.)

I added an alias called "feed the fish" which starts feed cycle A. When I say "Echo, ask Apex Fusion to Feed the Fish," the Echo says "Starting Feed Cycle A." Feed cycle A starts. All good so far.

I then added a second alias called "turn on the light" which should turn on light 1. When I say, "Echo, ask Apex Fusion to Turn on the Light," the Echo says "Starting Feed Cycle A." Not good. I waited a few minutes and it still responded in the same way. In reviewing the log, Echo recognized the sentance correctly and Apex Fusion responded with "Starting Feed Cycle A."

I then deleted the alias for "Feed the Fish." After waiting a few minutes, when I say "Echo, ask Apex Fusion to Turn on the Light," the Echo says "Starting Feed Cycle A!" Not good at all since that alias has been removed.

I'm at a loss as to how to resolve this issue.

For the light, your alias shouldn't include 'turn on the'. Make your alias for the light something that the speech recognition software can work with, like 'T5 Lights', then say 'Echo, ask Apex Fusion to turn on the T5 Lights'.

Also each alias then needs to be associated with the correct action on the Voice page in Apex.