Thread: Connection help

Frequent Visitor

Connection help

All day today Apex was not connected to Fusion. When I arrived home tried reset multiple times with no luck. Finally put Apex into Hot spot and logged into router. It appear to connect then took me to fusion login screen. There it stated Fusion User name or password incorrect which is impossible. I logged into Fusion though a saved browser link and it still states not connected. at a lost what to try next.

Quote Originally Posted by Scubalens View Post
    It appear to connect then took me to fusion login screen.
    I think that what you tried to log into was APEX Local (the user interface built into the Apex), not APEX Fusion. The default username and password for APEX Local is 'admin' & '1234'
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Frequent Visitor
    That got me logged in on the Apex local and connected, however When I log in to my usual Fusion on the web I still show disconnected. Does that mean I am back to square one resetting everything up?

That got me logged in on the Apex local and connected, however When I log in to my usual Fusion on the web I still show disconnected. Does that mean I am back to square one resetting everything up?
    No. Try changing your DNS server from whatever it is currently to

Primary: 8.8.8.8

Secondary: match your gateway IP address.

Often this fixes unexplained connection issues.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

When I arrived home tried reset multiple times with no luck.
    What exactly do you mean by "reset"? Did you just momentarily press the rest button so it simply rebooted? Did you just hold the reset button in until the LED panel turned blue (reset Wi-Fi settings only), or did you hold it in long enough to turn red (a full reset of the entire Apex)?
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Frequent Visitor
    when I did the reset I just hit the button until it changed to various colors then turned orange. When I reset to hot spot I held it till it turned blue. That one was a little odd from the past as it turned blue, but as soon as I released the reset it turn orange but if I unplugged the USB and reconnected USB it went constant blue and I was able to see it on my wifi and login. I don't believe I ever saw it turn red but as stated had issues trying to get it go blue

Frequent Visitor
    I finally bit the bullet and ran Wired connection, full Reset (light to RED) and did everything from scratch. At least it all is working again. However the last step is when I log into fusion I have both the old unconnected set-up and the new one. How do I delete the old setup?

I finally bit the bullet and ran Wired connection, full Reset (light to RED) and did everything from scratch. At least it all is working again. However the last step is when I log into fusion I have both the old unconnected set-up and the new one. How do I delete the old setup?
    There is a delete option in the apex list page

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

On the Apex List page, click the gear icon on the left side then choose the Remove option.