Thread: Using variable speed outlets to turn Tunze pumps OFF?

New User

Using variable speed outlets to turn Tunze pumps OFF?

Currently I'm running a variable speed program throughout the day and night to control the intensity of my Tunze 6095's. It's working well, however, I'd like to change my program so that only one of two is running the majority of the time.

I know I can set intensity to 0%. I'm also aware that these pumps won't really operate between 0-30%. So my concern is that since the intensity ramps between the percentages set, I don't want it ramping through that range where the pumps struggle (30%).

This is me making an assumption that it wouldn't be good to move the from 0-40% or so. But I may be wrong about that. And maybe I can program them to hit an intensity from a time to a time, without ramping?

Appreciate your help!

You are thinking about this right.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

New User
    Hmm, maybe I haven't made my question clear enough. Is the variable speed programming a reasonable way to allow pumps to turn off completely?

Quote Originally Posted by undermind View Post
    Hmm, maybe I haven't made my question clear enough. Is the variable speed programming a reasonable way to allow pumps to turn off completely?
    Yes. Just set them to zero.

New User
    Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post
    Yes. Just set them to zero.
    No concern with ramping Tunze pumps between 0% - 40% over an hour or so? Many people report their pumps vibrating or rattling right around the 30% mark.

Just wondering if there is a better way. Maybe setting the times to the shortest interval (1 minute?) as they transition through that range.

No concern with ramping Tunze pumps between 0% - 40% over an hour or so? Many people report their pumps vibrating or rattling right around the 30% mark.

Just wondering if there is a better way. Maybe setting the times to the shortest interval (1 minute?) as they transition through that range.
    Yep. Set it to ramp from 0-40 over 1 minute then continue the ramp if you use the wizard.

Older Tunze Streams may do that. Newer models are made so that they simply will not run below 30% or so (my two 6040s, for example, will not run at speeds less than 32-34%)
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.