Thread: Aquacontroller III

Regular Vistor

Aquacontroller III

Hello All,
    I recently purchased and Aquacontroller III from ebay.
    Needed something cheap on my frag tank till I could afford another 2017 model, which is on my main reef tank.
    With that being said, I am missing the telephone plug inputs that go into the direct connect 8?
    does anybody know where I can buy them? Are they just normal telephone plugs?

Details below about the connection of the controller

Control Input (Cntl In) The left RJ-11 connector (telephone plug) is the input connector for the Control signal. A telephone style cable (4 internal wires, supplied with the DC8). The telephone cord should connect between this DC8 Control In port to the AquaController. The length of this cable should be less than 10 feet. Control Output (Cntl Out) The right RJ-11 connector (telephone plug) is the output connector for the Control signal. A telephone style cable (4 internal wires) should be used to connect this Control output port to another DC8 Control input port. Always connect Control inputs to Control outputs when daisy chaining multiple DC8s together. The last DC8 in the chain should either have its Control output unconnected or connected to a Power-line interface (part #IM513). NOTE: Some extremely small pumps (i.e. Aqualifter), may not be shut off when plugged into the triac controlled outlets (1-3 & 5-7) of the DC8 due to their poor power factor. Instead plug this poor power factor devices into the relay outlets of the DC8 (outlets #4 & #8). The relay outlets are only available in DC8 with serial numbers greater than 9000. Do not use Icecap 430 or 660 ballasts on the relay controlled outlets due to their high inrush current. If you have an older model DC8 then work arounds for these poor power factor devices ar

The RJ-11 plugs are regular modular telephone connectors. You can use a regular telephone cord as long as it has 4 wires - many cords only have two wires though.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Regular Vistor
    Russ my man you are everywhere day or night How is the trident treating you btw? I saw you got one on R2R.
    Can't wait to use order it and put it on my main tank

Regular Vistor
    Hello Russ, i have another question for you regarding programming.
    How do I have a pump continuously on?

If Time > 0:00 Then PMP ON

This assumes the timer for that outlet is named PMP.

The AC3 manual is still available BTW: https://www.neptunesystems.com/support/docs/
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

New User
    Hi,
    I need an AC3 setup like the one you purchased used.
    If you want to get rid of it please let me know, I'm desperate.
    It's the power bar that I really need but I'll buy the works.
    thanks

New User
    I used to have an AquaController and did all true it, like probe calibration, updates so on, but now that I do not have one I wonder what to do or how to do the updates without the Aquacontroller.

Fusion is not the way, so need pro help here!