Thread: Apex Classic - Dead?

Regular Vistor

Apex Classic - Dead?

I woke up the other morning to a text message on my phone saying that apex has lost its heartbeat. Went downstairs and everything was dark.

Tonight while I was doing some maintenance, I noticed that the plug for the EB8 into the wall was off, so it must have tripped. I turned it on, and I have a blinking yellow light on the EB8, and WXM (for my vortech pumps). The brain unit is completely dark.

I tried to do a firmware update however Apex Flash Utility does not find an IP address, just says Apex in the network address field and for HTTP port, it says 80.

Any ideas on how to get the apex back? It is hardwired into the router, and the display is just blue, no information.

Regular Vistor
    i'm an idiot. I didn't have the EB8 plugged into the brain. once I did that, we had power.

Amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by pdiehm View Post
    I woke up the other morning to a text message on my phone saying that apex has lost its heartbeat. Went downstairs and everything was dark.

Tonight while I was doing some maintenance, I noticed that the plug for the EB8 into the wall was off, so it must have tripped. I turned it on, and I have a blinking yellow light on the EB8, and WXM (for my vortech pumps). The brain unit is completely dark.

I tried to do a firmware update however Apex Flash Utility does not find an IP address, just says Apex in the network address field and for HTTP port, it says 80.

Any ideas on how to get the apex back? It is hardwired into the router, and the display is just blue, no information.
    Contact support. If the head unit has no light at all, there isnt anything you can do on your end other than swapping cables around to see if one is damaged.

Never mind. Didn't see your response post.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk