Thread: What am I doing wrong with this ATK???

Frequent Visitor

What am I doing wrong with this ATK???

I've checked and rechecked things. It's filling, but not following the program. It's supposed to turn on when the low sensor is exposed and turn off when the high sensor is covered. However, it's constantly showing the both sliders as open. And even when the low is closed and the high is open, it still doesn't run. Sometimes it even shows both sliders as open and the pump still doesn't turn on. I have no idea when or why it's filling at this point. I've included screens shots of everything I think would be pertinent. Don't hesitate to ask for more information or pics of anything else. This is driving me nuts as the one thing that needs to work perfectly to avoid either burning a pump up or flooding the room is the ATO.

Suggestions?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Frequent Visitor

Frequent Visitor
    Using the ATK task to set up your ATK should solve the problem. I used the task and it set the ATK up with no issues. The code the task generated is below.

Fallback OFF
    Set OFF
    If ATO_1 OPEN Then ON
    If ATO4_2 CLOSED Then OFF
    When On > 005:00 Then OFF
    Defer 000:10 Then ON
    Defer 000:04 Then OFF
    Min Time 060:00 Then OFF

That isn't what yours is programmed to do. Its programmed to fill when the low sensor is open with a failsafe to stop if the high sensor closes. If it has filled in the last hour it wont fill even if both sensors show open. If you dont like seeing the low sensor open as often as you do, then increase the 4 second defer then OFF to like 15 seconds.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post
    That isn't what yours is programmed to do. Its programmed to fill when the low sensor is open with a failsafe to stop if the high sensor closes. If it has filled in the last hour it wont fill even if both sensors show open. If you dont like seeing the low sensor open as often as you do, then increase the 4 second defer then OFF to like 15 seconds.

He does not have Min time in his programming

@deputydog95

If you want the pump to turn on when low sensor is open and stop when high sensor is closed. Remove the Set Off.

Frequent Visitor

First, thanks for all the replies everyone! I really appreciate it.

I did run ATO wizard, and the programming I posted is what the wizard came up with.

So...

If I want the ATO to turn on when when the low sensor is open and then turn off when the low sensor is closed.
    And have the high sensor as a back up to shut it down when the high sensor is closed.
    And have the low sensor as not showing open as often as it does with the ATO pump being off.
    And finally, some sort of programming that would limit the amount of time that the ATO could run at any one time...

What should that programming look like?

Quote Originally Posted by deputydog95 View Post

I did run ATO wizard, and the programming I posted is what the wizard came up with.

So...

If I want the ATO to turn on when when the low sensor is open and then turn off when the low sensor is closed.
    And have the high sensor as a back up to shut it down when the high sensor is closed.
    And have the low sensor as not showing open as often as it does with the ATO pump being off.
    And finally, some sort of programming that would limit the amount of time that the ATO could run at any one time...

Fallback OFF
    Set OFF
    If Low OPEN Then ON
    If High CLOSED Then OFF
    Defer 000:15 Then OFF

Adjust the

Defer 000:15 Then OFF (longer increases natural cycle time)

Or

Min Time 060:00 Then OFF (longer increases forced cycle time)

Until the usual natural cycle time is just a tad longer than an hour.

Frequent Visitor

So...

Did you run the ATK task? Or did you use the ATO control type and used the drop down menus?

You should be using the Task. The programming would be the correct one for the ATK.

Frequent Visitor
    Fallback OFF
    Set OFF
    If Low OPEN Then ON
    If High CLOSED Then OFF

Adjust the

Or

Thanks! I'll give it a try.

Quote Originally Posted by vhuang168 View Post
    Did you run the ATK task? Or did you use the ATO control type and used the drop down menus?

You should be using the Task. The programming would be the correct one for the ATK.
    I used the ATO control type with the drop down menus. That explains why it's probably acting a little funky.

Frequent Visitor
    Fallback OFF
    Set OFF
    If Low OPEN Then ON
    If High CLOSED Then OFF

Adjust the

Or

Is this going to turn off only when the high sensor is closed? Ideally it would turn on when the low sensor is open and off when the low sensor is closed. And the high sensor being closed would be a secondary backup prior to the float switch as the 3rd.

I'm new to the programming.

What exactly is happening with the defer statements, the When On statements, and the min time statements?

Sorry for the basic questions, I'm still learning and I promise not to ask the same question twice

Is this going to turn off only when the high sensor is closed? Ideally it would turn on when the low sensor is open and off when the low sensor is closed. And the high sensor being closed would be a secondary backup prior to the float switch as the 3rd.

I'm new to the programming.

What exactly is happening with the defer statements, the When On statements, and the min time statements?

Sorry for the basic questions, I'm still learning and I promise not to ask the same question twice
    It will fill to the low sensor and the high sensor is a backup in this configuration. Filling between the low and the high would exclude the Set OFF.

The defer then ON statement says "make sure everything is ON for 10 seconds in a row before actually turning on the outlet"

The defer then OFF statement is the same except for the off state. It intentionally overfills by 15 seconds.

The when statement will change the ATO from AUTO to manual OFF as a failsafe if it tries to run longer than 5 minutes.

The min time statement says "if I have filled less than an hour ago, wait until it has been an hour before filling again".