Thread: Power Outage causes Apex 2016 to reset

Frequent Visitor

Power Outage causes Apex 2016 to reset

We had a few power outages last week and I noticed that my 2016 Apex would not stay online during a power outage, even when connected to a UPS. I have my lights and most of my pumps connected to an EB6 and noted that even though I have all 6 of the outlets set to power off during a power outage scenario (I have the 12v adapter plugged into the wall), it seems that the current draw from my UPS immediately after the power outage, causes the apex to reset in a loop, over and over. So I unplugged everything from the EB6, but even then it seems the Apex does this loop thing where it'll reboot 4 or 5 times, then it stays off indefinitely until I pull the aquabus cable from it for a period of time, and then reconnect it. So I troubleshoot some more and realize that if any of my other EB's (none are connected to the UPS) are connected to aquabus during a power outage, the apex just won't stay online for a long period of time. After approximately a minute or two, the apex starts to reset again, eventually staying off until I manually reboot it.

My game plan was to just move all of the high current stuff off of the EB6 to another EB, but not sure if that will solve my problem of the apex resetting after the power outage.

I have a VO named PowerOut that will activate if the apex loses power, and then in all of my outlets I have them set up to shut off if the VO PowerOut is on.

My first thought is that the 11V power supply circuit on that particular EB6 might be having issues. Try running the same test with a different EB6 plugged into the UPS.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk