Thread: Is it possible to reset the Apex to try to connect to wireless again?

New User

Exclamation Is it possible to reset the Apex to try to connect to wireless again?

I just unpacked my Apex, plugged it in, light turned blue, followed the instructions to connect it using apex.local got the screen with the little cloud saying something like "this usually only takes af few minutes". After 5-10 minutes it couldn't connect and I got an error to that effect.

Now the light is orange and I can't see the Apex Setup_xxxx on my local network and going to Apex.local to log in doesn't work. The first couple of times I got a really basic sign in page with no picture and it looked like a weird default sign in page. The sign-in didn't work and now every time I type it into browser it sends me to a Spectrum page that says Apex.local doesn't exist.

So … I'm thinking something happened during that long setup time period that somehow made the unit think it was connected to the network but it's really not but unplugging it and replugging it doesn't get it back to the "blue light" stage, it's still orange.

Anyone know how to reset it so I can try again?

If it matters I'm using a PC running Windows and I'm attempting to connect it to my home wifi network.

Thanks

Use the reset button. That's behind the small hole in the orange faceplate. A bent open paper clip works nicely.

To reboot the Apex controller
    • Press then release the reset button quickly [this is unchanged]

To put the Apex into WiFi setup mode, aka "Blue mode"
    • Disconnect the network cable if one is connected.
    • Press and hold the reset button until the status LED changes to BLUE (about 6 seconds), then release the reset button.

To initialize the Apex to factory settings
    • Press and hold the button until the status LED turns RED (about 30 seconds), then release the reset button.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

New User
    Thanks RussM, that worked.