Thread: Can't get code to work for Gyres

Regular Vistor

Can't get code to work for Gyres

So, I have two Gyres set up with the cable so I can use one port for speed and the other for direction (4 ports total). The code I have is below. During detritus stir each pump should be on 100% and alternate from forward to reverse opposite of eachother. According to what I've seen, maximum should go first so the right pump should be forward first (o%) while left pump is in reverse (100%) and then they should switch. If I start the outlet manually, this works perfectly. but when the output starts on the timer both pumps go forward at the same time and reverse at the same time. Any idea what in my programming would cause this?

2019-02-04_1458.png
    2019-02-04_1458_001.png
    2019-02-04_1458_002.png
    2019-02-04_1459.png

Left Gyre speed
    Set Day_Up
    If Output VDetrStir = ON Then LG_Cln_Spd
    If Output VPulse = ON Then Wave_Pulse
    If Output VNightTime = ON Then Night_Up
    If Output VGyre_Day = ON Then Day_Down
    If Output VGyre_Night = ON Then Night_Down
    If FeedA 000 Then OFF
    If FeedB 000 Then OFF
    If Output vPwrHdDelay = ON Then Feed_25
    If FeedC 000 Then OFF
    If Output vFeed = ON Then Feed_25

Left Gyre Direction
    Set Gyre_Fwd
    If Output VDetrStir = ON Then LG_Cln_Dir

Right Gyre Speed
    Set Day_Down
    If Output VDetrStir = ON Then RG_Cln_Spd
    If Output VPulse = ON Then Wave_Pulse
    If Output VNightTime = ON Then Night_Down
    If Output VGyre_Day = ON Then Day_Up
    If Output VGyre_Night = ON Then Night_Up
    If FeedA 000 Then OFF
    If FeedB 000 Then OFF
    If Output vPwrHdDelay = ON Then Feed_25
    If FeedC 000 Then Feed_40
    If Output vFeed = ON Then Feed_25

Right Gyre Direction
    Set Gyre_Fwd
    If Output VDetrStir = ON Then RG_Cln_Dir

VDetrStir
    Set OFF
    If Time 10:02 to 10:12 Then ON
    If Time 16:02 to 16:12 Then ON

All of your profiles have initial OFF time of 0. You need to use something besides zero if you want them to actually alternate and you need sync enabled on all of them.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Regular Vistor
    I thought I followed Coral Views walkthrough pretty close. The speeds won't alternate so using an initial off time isn't necessary as they are both still running, only one in reverse and one forward. This is why max intensity for the direction on right is 0 (forward) and for the left max intensity is 100 (reverse). This should have them both on at the same time at 100% but one in forward and one in reverse. After 60 seconds the right would change to reverse and the left to forward, that is the alternating part.

It works just fine when I manually turn them on, which is what I don't understand.

Are you saying I need both id 11 (speed) and id 12 (direction) to have sync enabled?

Quote Originally Posted by tdhight View Post
    I thought I followed Coral Views walkthrough pretty close. The speeds won't alternate so using an initial off time isn't necessary as they are both still running, only one in reverse and one forward. This is why max intensity for the direction on right is 0 (forward) and for the left max intensity is 100 (reverse). This should have them both on at the same time at 100% but one in forward and one in reverse. After 60 seconds the right would change to reverse and the left to forward, that is the alternating part.

It works just fine when I manually turn them on, which is what I don't understand.

Are you saying I need both id 11 (speed) and id 12 (direction) to have sync enabled?
    If the profiles are not synchronize enabled, then they start the moment they become true rather than synchronizing.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk