Thread: WAV pumps not working on my SPS tank. Help!

Regular Vistor

WAV pumps not working on my SPS tank. Help!

I have had the WSK for almost a year now and except for the occasional hiccup they have been trouble free and very effective. Yesterday I was playing with the programming on Apex Fusion and made a change to one of the points. Committing that change was the last time the pumps worked. They show up on the screen and the tile shows they are ok but they do not respond and have 0 rpms even if I toggle them from auto to ON 100%. My Apex brain is a classic so in the past I have fixed this issue by disconnecting ll the cables that are part of the WSK. I then go into the classic local UI and remove all of the modules. Reboot the Apex system and then plug in the 1link and do a firmware update and then plug in the WAV pumps one at a time again doing a firmware update for each module before applying my saved scheme on apex fusion. I have tried this process twice with no success. The 1Link is lit sold green and all 3 modules are in the classic and Apex Fusion but still not responding. I have to put an old Hydor int eh tank to keep things moving and try to keep my sps frags from stressing. I have already opened up a support ticket and hope this can be fixed but based on everything I have done I am not confident. Price and programmability is why I chose the WAV over all other pumps but reliability may end up being a decision that overrides. If there are any tricks or specific troubleshooting steps that can help please let me know.

Try updating the module firmware for them

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Regular Vistor
    Yes sir that is part of my process already and I ran module firmware updates on each of the 3 modules as they were detected. The pumps were vinegar soaked 4 days ago and the impellers were removed and cleaned carefully

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Regular Vistor
    The only weird this I noticed is that the pumps always came up as outlets 8_1 & 11_1 in the past however this time that came up as 5_1 & 8_1. Perhaps it is time to erase the Apex and start over?

Regular Vistor
    Update I was able to get one of the WAVs working after multiple removals and detections. The Second WAV is the one that slode from port 11_1 down to 5_1 and that one seems to be the problem child. When it gets plugged in the 8_1 WAV stops. I have left it off for now and also purchased 2 Tunze 6105s used. I was planning on adding more flow to the system anyway but after this unfortunately I don't feel having 4 WAV pumps would be a smart way to go. I am wating on support to connect tomorrow but I am not very hopeful and feel this is going to cost me more money then I have in the budget.

control freak wantabe
    Good luck with support.
    I just finished a support call. What a waste of time! Support says 'Yep, it doesn't work. (Doh, that's why I started the slow process for support) Send it into us, we'll fix it. Of course it'll cost you'
    The repair agreement gives them all the power. They DO NOT stand behind their products. Why should we?
    Now why would I spend even more $$ to fix a defective product. Both my WAVs failed after slightly more than one year of service. This is awful. I've had MaxiJet pumps running 10+ years.
    This is the LAST Neptune product I'll ever purchase.

Regular Vistor
    I grabbed some used TUNZE 6105s which I have running at the moment. Could end up being permanent

Regular Vistor
    Well support connected in on my laptop. I plugged it in and bam it started running. I have no idea what happened but I'm back with both pumps. I'll take it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i had the same problem. after 2 years and a couple of months (not long out warranty, 24 m here in EU), the 1link partially stop to work properly and one of my 2 WAVs start to work intermittently.

Clearly a defective 1link, superseding the fact that the "position" function of both wavs start to give me false positive within 6 months of life and I shut off...

The support made a call, a remote connection sessions and they says: ok, we cannot see but the 1link has a kind of malfunction.
    No warranty, no discount/refurb part. 200€ for a new 1link, no possibility to know if after this, the wavs are in working condition or not.

result: goodbye WAVs, I unmounted all and switch to another 2 mp40qd. more powerful, easier to clean and better flow dispersion.

to stay with the heartache of the continuous thought that these Wav pumps are working or not is not part of my options.

New User
    I've had my two WAV's on for about 40 days now. No problems. I wake up this morning and not working. I did everything and now, still not working and saying that they are "missing". I'm going to lose my mind on this Neptune stuff. It's easy to initially install, but a nightmare to keep everything working.