Thread: Concern over DOS programming

Regular Vistor

Concern over DOS programming

Hi all, I just got my DOS up and running the other day. Right now my tank is cycling and no corals. I setup for dosing BRS 2 part. Right now I am setup to only run 6ml's per day, just to see how everything goes. I set my programming to dos Alk over a 2 hour period, then Ca over an alternating 2 hour period and so on....see image. I got this scheme from the downloads section in Fusion. So question 1 is, I am not seeing my DOS actually dose the full 1ml per 2 hour period and question 2, a few minutes ago I hear all the pumps running together for what seemed a long time so I powered them off. Looking at the logs it appears that it dosed about 30ml all at once...see image. I just changed my programming to start at 1 min passed the hour hoping that will help but I am unclear as to how this large dose happened. I've also included the Tdata from my Ca - I'm not sure how to interpret this....any thoughts? Thanks!

2019-02-03_13-16-00.jpg

2019-02-03_13-14-50.jpg
    2019-02-03_13-33-49.jpg

The outlet needs to be in AUTO not ON. Programming is only executed in AUTO.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Regular Vistor
    I don't believe it was ON...it was in AUTO mode for several days before this. Unless I had a complete brain lapse.

Regular Vistor
    Hi folks. Well it happened again this morning...I woke up late this morning and my ATO_HI (This is my sump sensor) sensor was alarming (I had my phone silenced or I would have caught it earlier). When I came in to my office to see my tanks I saw the alarm and checked my sump level. Again, the float sensor saved me but it dumped about 4 gallons of FW into my sump dropping my salinity to 1.024 and my skimmer overflowed. I removed the 4 gallons back to the appropriate level and noticed water started flowing again from the ATO container....I checked Fusion to see if the PMUP was ON and it was in AUTO but interestingly it stated it was in the OFF state. I checked the log. It appears the ATO PMUP turned on at 7:58am for 10 seconds. At 8:19am I got the Alarm. It looked to me like the logic told the PMUP to turn off but didn't actually turn it off the PMUP. I went to the FW tank and it sounded like it was on but when I pulled the pump the sound stopped so that was inconclusive. I don't think it possible for me to have a siphon, the output of the RODI line is 18 inches above the height of the PMUP, unless it floated up which I suppose is a possibility....strange problem.

Anyone seeing issues where the PMUP power sticks on?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by chrishet55 View Post
    Hi folks. Well it happened again this morning...I woke up late this morning and my ATO_HI (This is my sump sensor) sensor was alarming (I had my phone silenced or I would have caught it earlier). When I came in to my office to see my tanks I saw the alarm and checked my sump level. Again, the float sensor saved me but it dumped about 4 gallons of FW into my sump dropping my salinity to 1.024 and my skimmer overflowed. I removed the 4 gallons back to the appropriate level and noticed water started flowing again from the ATO container....I checked Fusion to see if the PMUP was ON and it was in AUTO but interestingly it stated it was in the OFF state. I checked the log. It appears the ATO PMUP turned on at 7:58am for 10 seconds. At 8:19am I got the Alarm. It looked to me like the logic told the PMUP to turn off but didn't actually turn it off the PMUP. I went to the FW tank and it sounded like it was on but when I pulled the pump the sound stopped so that was inconclusive. I don't think it possible for me to have a siphon, the output of the RODI line is 18 inches above the height of the PMUP, unless it floated up which I suppose is a possibility....strange problem.

Anyone seeing issues where the PMUP power sticks on?

Thanks!
    The height of the PMUP makes no difference on whether a siphon can be created. What matters is the height of the output tubing must be higher than the water line of your ATO reservoir.

Regular Vistor
    Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post
    The height of the PMUP makes no difference on whether a siphon can be created. What matters is the height of the output tubing must be higher than the water line of your ATO reservoir.

Thx Zombie. I believe what happened is the siphon break got submerged in my ATO container and thus useless. I zip-tied it to a place that should not cause this to happen. Good call!