Thread: Help! DOS does not show up in fusion!!

Frequent Visitor

Help! DOS does not show up in fusion!!

Hello,

DOS shows up in the classic view, but doesn't show in my fusion app. no tiles or switches appear. I have recently re-updated the firmware on my base unit with the DOS connected and it still does not show in fusion. the lights on the DOS are orange/red color.

Frequent Contributor SuncrestReef's Avatar
    Have you looked in the Unused Tiles section in Fusion? If you don't find it there, then check if the DOS shows up in the list of modules. Click the Apex menu at the top, then click Modules.

Frequent Visitor
    yes I have... I have a large multiple tank setup with 28 modules... as I said, it shows up in the classic dashboard but not in fusion..... I have been a apex user since the Octopus!! many years

Quote Originally Posted by rpiaudio View Post
    yes I have... I have a large multiple tank setup with 28 modules... as I said, it shows up in the classic dashboard but not in fusion..... I have been a apex user since the Octopus!! many years
    Can you clarify: Did you also look in Apex Fusion under the list of modules, or just in the unused tiles section?

Also, you say you have 28 modules. There's a 29 module limit, so are you certain you have 28 and have not possibly exceeded the limit? Keep in mind that Energy Bars, WAV's, and COR pumps count as modules just like the more traditional rectangular modules.

(It's not that I don't believe you, having been a long-time Apex user. It's just that what you're describing seems unusual so I'm trying to rule out possible issues.)

Frequent Visitor
    I appreciate your help.
    yes I have checked the module list in fusion and it does not show, but it does show in the module list in the classic dash. this would be the 28th module I have added. im very careful of adding modules so I don't get duplicates... i wasn't aware there was a 29 module limit...

Frequent Visitor

Have you had support increase the outlet limit on your apex at some time? If not, what may be happening is that the DOS put you over the soft outlet limit (around 100. I forget the exact number), so it was able to add it as a module but didn't have space to add the outlets.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

When was the last time you rebooted your Apex? It should be reporting its full module inventory to Fusion, but since it's not, a reboot may be worth trying.

Quote Originally Posted by SuncrestReef View Post
    When was the last time you rebooted your Apex? It should be reporting its full module inventory to Fusion, but since it's not, a reboot may be worth trying.
    Classic units don't report a modules list to fusion. That feature is only present in 2016 and EL units.

Frequent Visitor
    I did do a reboot.
    zombie, I think you solved it... I also wasn't aware there was an outlet limit ... it makes sense because I have also been having problems adding virtual outlets... I have maxed out the system!
    how do I go about increasing these limits?

I did do a reboot.
    zombie, I think you solved it... I also wasn't aware there was an outlet limit ... it makes sense because I have also been having problems adding virtual outlets... I have maxed out the system!
    how do I go about increasing these limits?
    Contact support. It takes a special operation over telnet that only they know how to perform. Doing so will increase your chances of bugs though since it can overload the processor and cause the polling cycle to take longer than a second.

Frequent Visitor
    do you know if the 2016 model apex has these same limits, or is it more robust? It might be time to upgrade..

do you know if the 2016 model apex has these same limits, or is it more robust? It might be time to upgrade..
    It is more robust and has a better processor. There is a limit to the number of outlets, but I haven't pressed the limits on the 2016 and don't know what it is.

If you want to upgrade, I would honestly run the classic on a small portion of your secondary tanks and use the 2016 for your main tanks so you have more than 1 module slot available for future (the 2016 has the same 29 module limit).

Frequent Visitor
    thanks for the info....
    My only problem with spitting up tanks to different apex units is, that all tanks are interconnected and variances in one tank can sometimes affect other tanks down stream so for that reason I like to have it all talking to one central control. If you can tell me a way, without having to use a bunch of dry switches to let 2 apex units to talk to each other, then I might explore that...
    Thanks again for the tips, and info. it is useful.

Frequent Visitor
    Hey, I tested your theory on being out of room, and, I deleted a few virtual outlets from my system to get the count down to 96 and then I did a reboot. DOS still doesn't show up!! I also unplugged and plugged the DOS and it had no affect.
    I have a backup apex unit that I use to reset modules and as a spare, and when I connect the DOS to that unit everything works and shows up as it should, so I know its not a hardware or firmware issue with the DOS itself...
    any other suggestions would be much appreciated.

Frequent Visitor
    Ok,
    I deleted the module from the system and then added it again, and this time it turned up...
    PROBLEM SOLVED!