Thread: PH Probe Calibration and PM1

New User

PH Probe Calibration and PM1

I purchased a new PM1 to measure the PH in my calcium reactor. I also purchased a new PH probe and calibrated it. The new probe is at 7.97 my existing PH probe is 8.15. So I recalibrate my existing probe and it still displayed 8.15. I then tested my water manually with two different test kits And they both showed the PH to be 8.15. So I recalibrated the new probe and it still shows the PH at 7.97. So my next step was to put both probes in the 7&10 calibration solution and they both displayed accurate readings of 7&10. Next I removed the PM1 completely from my configuration and installed it again and recalibrated the new PH probe again. It still reads 7.97? Again my other probe still reads 8.15 and I verified this reading with a salifert and Hannah test kit. Both probes are within 3 inches of each other in my tank - I even switched their positions and got the same readings. I did have an old PH probe laying around (I bought the new one as I thought the old one was to old and dried out) and i calibrated it and it showed the same reading as the new probe Any idea why the new probe is not reading properly? Maybe the PM1 module is bad? Or does anyone have any other ideas?

New User
    As a follow up to the above - I switched my two probes around from the Apex and the PM1 and the readings inverted. I switched them back and the readings inverted right back again. So I’m wondering if it’s the new PM1 module - is there some kind of compensation setting on the unit?

New User
    Joining the topic. I purchased PH probe and PM1 module last week and having the same issue. Head unit PH is 7.95, PM1 PH reading is 7.63.