Thread: Apex EL PH probe question

Regular Vistor

Apex EL PH probe question

HI I have the Apex EL... IS there a way to setup the ORP port so I can use it with a 2nd PH probe? I wanted to use it for a calcium reactor.

thanks

Yep. Delete or disable any ORP alarms that you have, then disable the ORP probe in the input tab, then enable pH2

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Regular Vistor
    Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post
    Yep. Delete or disable any ORP alarms that you have, then disable the ORP probe in the input tab, then enable pH2

Apex EL only comes with temp and ph probe. I don't have ORP probe. So do i just get another neptune ph probe and connect it to the ORP slot? and if so will it just show up as ph2 in input?

Quote Originally Posted by Nycluis View Post
    Apex EL only comes with temp and ph probe. I don't have ORP probe. So do i just get another neptune ph probe and connect it to the ORP slot? and if so will it just show up as ph2 in input?
    I got confused when you said you had an ORP port in your first post. You would need to get a PM1 module to add a second pH port to an EL.

Regular Vistor
    I got confused when you said you had an ORP port in your first post. You would need to get a PM1 module to add a second pH port to an EL.

Apex EL comes with the port for the ORP but I am not using it. Can I use that port and put in a ph instead of orp or is the pm1 needed?

The Apex EL does not have an ORP port. The large metal jack (called a BNC) is for pH only. The only way to add a 2nd pH probe to an Apex EL is by adding a PM1 module and pH probe. In previous posts, you said you had an Apex 2016), before the EL was even available. Which model do you have? Does it have an orange face-plate or a gray face-plate?
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Regular Vistor

Quote Originally Posted by RussM View Post
    The Apex EL does not have an ORP port. The large metal jack (called a BNC) is for pH only. The only way to add a 2nd pH probe to an Apex EL is by adding a PM1 module and pH probe. In previous posts, you said you had an Apex 92016), before the EL was even available. Which model do you have? Does it have an orange face-plate or a gray face-plate?
    previous is had the 2016 now i have the ApexEL. thanks I will look into the pm1
    p

New User

Hello, I have the new apex with the salinity orp and ph probes and want to disable the orp and add another PH probe for my CR- I am sorry, I don't understand what to do- can you help with visuals?