Thread: DOSing Triton Additives Crystallizing

New User

DOSing Triton Additives Crystallizing

So I have been dosing my Triton Elements using a DOS, but they are in my basement so they have crystallized in my DDR. I have fixed this by adding some insulation and a reptile heating unit, but one problem still remains: they are crystallizing in the tubes between the DDR and the DOS and between the DOS and my Sump.

So what I would like to do is dose the tank and then back all the liquid back down into the DDR before it can crystallize. Then before the new DOS starts, prime the tubes by pumping the treatment back into the tubes with just enough to fill them back to the point before it enters the sump.

So I was thinking I could use some coding that is used for the AWC to "Remove" the excess and then "Add" enough to prime for dosage. However I have not been able to find the coding that will allow me to do this. Not sure if I can still use the wizard to setup the dosing intervals, but I think I could manually set this up as needed. So what I need is the commands to remove and add the mixture to purge and prime the tubing. I know this will take some good calibration efforts to make sure when I prime the pumps I do not dose also. But that will be worth it if I can keep my lines from getting blocked up.

As a side note, increased speed would also be good so I don't leave the mixture standing in the tubes for very long. So if there is a way to increase the speed for these actions that would be a big bonus.

Any help on how to issue these add and remove commands would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Rob

Frequent Contributor
    Here is a video on how setup a DOS to dose frozen food (Sends food to the tank and then sends in back into the refrigerator), but this concept will apply to your application
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6ZtkcN4H-A
    Jon

New User

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by jonmos75 View Post
    Here is a video on how setup a DOS to dose frozen food (Sends food to the tank and then sends in back into the refrigerator), but this concept will apply to your application
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6ZtkcN4H-A

This will work great. Thanks for the help.

Rob