Thread: OSC Confusion

NSI Member

OSC Confusion

I have an air pump hooked to a CO2 scrubber to help maintain my ph but its causing some problems with my ATO. I am wanting to run it for on one hour and off one hour all day. I put an OSC code for OSC 000:00/060:00/060:00 Then On. Is this correct?

That would run it on for an hour, off for an hour.

What exactly is the issue you are having?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Frequent Contributor iamchadster's Avatar
    Yes that will work.

OSC 000:00/060:00/060:00 Then On is Translated- Stay off for (000:00)/ then turn on for (060:00)/ then stay off for (060:00) then ON, and repeat.

Make sure there is no Set statement in the outlet. Fallback is fine as long as it's not a virtual outlet.

Nice last name BTW.
    Chad

NSI Member
    I have an AIO tank and limited space. I dont have a skimmer, so I was using an air stone for the added movement and all. The only place to put it it in my tank is the filter sock area. If its running for too long then the water doesnt flow properly down the sock. When I noticed this I turned it off and the water level was high and my ATO wont run for a while. Not necessarily a big deal but I am running kalk and if its not dosed on a relatively normal bases with the ATO my pH goes down quick. With the airstone and kalk dosing my pH tends to stay around 8.2. Yesterday is dropped to 7.8 from 8.3 in about 6 hours. I dont know if that is necessarily too fast but as everyone says "consistency is key". Dont want the levels to move so drastically.

Quote Originally Posted by robmiller2 View Post
    I have an AIO tank and limited space. I dont have a skimmer, so I was using an air stone for the added movement and all. The only place to put it it in my tank is the filter sock area. If its running for too long then the water doesnt flow properly down the sock. When I noticed this I turned it off and the water level was high and my ATO wont run for a while. Not necessarily a big deal but I am running kalk and if its not dosed on a relatively normal bases with the ATO my pH goes down quick. With the airstone and kalk dosing my pH tends to stay around 8.2. Yesterday is dropped to 7.8 from 8.3 in about 6 hours. I dont know if that is necessarily too fast but as everyone says "consistency is key". Dont want the levels to move so drastically.
    pH is an exception to that rule. As long as you don't get any quick spikes and pH remains within the safe range of 7.8 to 8.4, stability doesn't make a difference really.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk