Thread: Basic on / off timer issue

New User

Post Basic on / off timer issue

Hi All, Bit long but hoping covered all.

Firstly cheers for all the research and useful info found on here - not really used Forum before but the time has come to reach out as having minor issue that bugged me for a while
    tried all sorts of "When" / If / OSC Statements but not managed any to get what i thought was a simple fix "as yet"

Basically have 2 x float switches in my RODI Tank Programmed to the Outlet called RODIPUMP Using simple enough program to switch off pump when high and not switch back on until lower switch open.
    along with above i have a pressure switch on a ball valve connected direct to the pump as a backup) if that fails i have a straight to waste pipe at the top of tank as a further backup...CANT HAVE TO MANY BACKUPS...

Outlet for (RODIPUMP)
    Fallback OFF
    If Sw1 OPEN Then ON
    If Sw2 CLOSED Then OFF

Works a treat thanks to these forums

Problem - have a flush valve on my RODI Unit that manually switch, have both an Auto flush solenoid and a normal on / off solenoid. not a fan of the auto flush so wanted to set my own auto flush and duration times. (Example only) = on for 2 mins then off for 30 mins. this to cycle through while the "RODIPUMP" ON (reset to a default timer state once pump off)

simplest one set out below, using the OSC Function i found that on / off times simply start / stop as per whenever the pump switched off. it will just pickup the remaining time before it was switched off. not ideal when would like to flush membranes before making water each time the RODIPUMP turns on.

below program is connected to separate outlet called - Flush

Flush (outlet Name)
    Fallback OFF
    If Output RODIPUMP = ON Then ON
    OSC 000:00/000:05/000:20
    If Output RODIPUMP = OFF Then OFF

once Pump on it needs a 2 min on time / 30 min off time (this to carry on until higher switch turns pump off. whenever the pump comes back on it needs to default back to (2 mins on then off 30 mins) and so on..

THANKS FOR READING AND IF ANYONE CAN HELP AT ALL I WOULD BE VERY GRATEFUL
    For anyone interested added image of the thing that been taking up my time for the last couple years....

0.jpg

1000L main display, steel box frame - hand made pippy oak skin with 2 x ATI Hybrids. filtration consists of 2 x 6ft sumps / 6ft shallow frag / 6ft Refugium and spare 500L all behind wall in garage.

CHEERS AGAIN

Del

There is no benefit to flushing periodically IME. You want the flush to happen the first few minutes of it turning on. There is an argument to be made about also flushing at the end of the cycle, but I personally don't find doing so worthwhile. To flush at the beginning of the cycle you want to do this

FlushStop (VO)
    Set OFF
    If Output RODIname = ON Then ON
    Defer 002:00 Then ON

Flush Solenoid
    Fallback OFF
    Set OFF
    If Output RODIname = ON Then ON
    If Output FlushStop = ON Then OFF

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

New User
    Zombie,
    thanks for looking at this - seen your name a fair few time when cruising the forums

Going to go with your suggestion and only flush the first 2 mins of so and then shut off. Also only need the one solenoid for this to work so reduced program to what you see below. (Just needs to come on for 2 mins when "OUTPUT ROD" First comes on.

Fallback off
    Set OFF
    If Output ROD = ON Then ON
    When On > 000:30 Then OFF
    If Output ROD = OFF Then OFF

Above works fine but then after the 2 mins the "Flush" tile slides to the OFF Setting and stays there - i have to manually slide it to the AUTO Ready for next time. thought using the WHEN Function would stop this but it has not.
    tried various configurations of above but no joy this end as yet

cheers again Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by Derekduffin View Post
    Zombie,
    thanks for looking at this - seen your name a fair few time when cruising the forums

Going to go with your suggestion and only flush the first 2 mins of so and then shut off. Also only need the one solenoid for this to work so reduced program to what you see below. (Just needs to come on for 2 mins when "OUTPUT ROD" First comes on.

Fallback off
    Set OFF
    If Output ROD = ON Then ON
    When On > 000:30 Then OFF
    If Output ROD = OFF Then OFF

Above works fine but then after the 2 mins the "Flush" tile slides to the OFF Setting and stays there - i have to manually slide it to the AUTO Ready for next time. thought using the WHEN Function would stop this but it has not.
    tried various configurations of above but no joy this end as yet

cheers again Zombie
    The when function is the problem. You need to remove that and use a StopFlush virtual outlet like my example. The when statement will shut the outlet to manual OFF when its timer is exceeded.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

New User
    Zombie,

First chance i have had to test / run the above program as per your Answer. works as planned thanks had to spend 20 mins on "how to setup / use (VO) - learned a little of that, every day a school day

cheers again for you assistance

Del